Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 12, 2017
Esther Hicks is a " Conduit per se" she goes into a 3rd person mode and provides teaching. Fundamentally the teaching is just about to clear one's mind be positive which I agree with 100%. However, the pretense of your control everything by your thoughts and then she says you don't control anything outside yourself is contradictory and I have seen in seminars where she side steps logical straight on questions. May the universe help all of us if our thinking actually causes external things to happen, sorry that isn't the way it works. Sometimes - all the time things happen cause they happen, not because of you. Example: A robbery doesn't happen because of me, it doesn't rain because of me etc..
That is not to say that our actions have direct effect but thoughts, .. not buying it.
on September 29, 2017
I read this after reading "Ask and it is given" by the same authors. At first it sounds like this book is a bit of repetition of the first one, but as you read through, you can see the more expanded explanations. In fact, I started this book very soon after the first one and truly enjoyed every page of it. Sometimes the same messages are repeated but it didnt bother me because the authors made us understand the same facts from different angles. The message certainly makes sense and much healhtier than wining around the doom messages.
on March 8, 2017
#1 Read it.
#2 Repeat.

You will get something new each time.
Be sure to listen to the CD. Consider getting the book on Audible too.
on April 6, 2017
Very enlightening. We do have control of our own destiny , we just have to impose positive emotions in our thoughts and redirect them when negative thoughts creep in. Find your happy place.
on June 21, 2017
Still reading it but so far, it's ok. I prefer the video versions though.
on August 11, 2017
By far, my favorite book from the Hicks! I even have a version in my audio book library - great hearing Abraham/Esther.
on December 11, 2011
I have read a numerous amount of books and listened to many tapes over my 50 years. Improving my skill set has proved to be rewarding. This book and (as important) the enclosed CD has me picking up something positive to use each and every time I listen or read it. I listened to the tape for two weeks straight. I listen to a segment each time I'm in the car. I have always gotton that positive attitudes are much more preferred for positive outcomes. This book/CD has opened my mind up and has produced some positive happenings from the way in which I see my goals, wants and wishes for my life. I now see that it does make a difference in the way I ask for them, see them and go after them. A must read for every individual. Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness
on May 9, 2017
I loved reading this book. It gave great insight on how I was living my life and why I have been feeling stuck for so long. Now I can think on the things that make me feel good for now on and feel it. I actually feel better now that I have read this and started implementing some of the things I have read.
on April 15, 2016
Really enjoyed this book!
on March 22, 2009
I guess my heading says it. The material is not only uplifting and well-written, but filled with very intelligent insight that you don't have to just believe in order to recognize.

That said, I would like to ask for a little help here from Abraham fans. This was my first Abraham book, and here and in a cd collection that I have, Abraham says that he recommends meditation, because stilling thought removes all resistance to your Source energy, and therefore, speeds the process of materialization.

Do any of you guys know of an Abraham book or cd or dvd that actually gives instruction in meditation? Most of the techniques I'm familiar with from other teachers merely "freeze" thought through intentional focus on an object. But since intention IS thought itself, the state you create is still a separate, contracted state...even if it's enjoyable. I'm just wondering if Abraham is teaching this kind of a directed process for meditation and manifestation, or if he is recommending an actual release of thought and intention temporarily...which produces a great relief, as all efforts of separation and focusing cease.

For example, in this book, he talks about focusing on positive thoughts before sleep, because at times during sleep, thought rests completely, ending the law of attraction process, but opening you beyond resistance. Then, when you awake and resume your positive focus, you are much less resistive and your drawing power is more effective.

So, I'm wondering, therefore, if Abraham's type of meditation is more like this as well...really a dropping of thought and the attraction process in order to boost your power, which can then be added to your intention after the meditation. This is his advice regarding sleep at any rate, which is why he recommends focusing on the positive aspects of your life as soon as you wake up. It would also make sense to me, though, to have periods of intentional focus, like traditional meditation, since the law of attraction only operates when thought and intention is active.

So, I'd like your help in locating some of Abraham's recommendations regarding meditation in this teaching. Thank you :)