- Hardcover: 307 pages
- Publisher: University of Oklahoma Press; 4th,Revised/Enlarged by Author edition (June 1977)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0806113383
- ISBN-13: 978-0806113388
- Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.9 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,348,461 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Money and Man: A Survey of Monetary Experience Hardcover – June, 1977
Best Books of the Year So Far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
In both the history and in his explanations Groseclose does a masterful job of drawing out the forces, motivations and illusions that are behind the use and abuse of money. The thesis that becomes clear is that the central problem surrounding the issue of money is a moral problem, and that mankind has almost never been able to exercise the moral restraint needed to maintain honest money. The consequences have been universally disastrous, and our inability to learn from history is likely to continue to bring economic crises upon us like the one that is currently unfolding.Read more ›