From the Author
When going through this book, I would encourage you to take lots of mental breaks and carefully read the sections called "Think about it." Those are brief notes not only helping you to digest what you just read but also giving you a different perspective on things.
Don't forget to register by sending an email to email@example.com. Registration will give you access to additional tools, information as well as free access to new editions of the book once available.
Lastly, check out the resource section at the end of the book. You will find links to useful websites, online tools and book recommendations. You can find more resources, downloads and additional updates on our website: moneymusic101.com
- "This leads us to an important revelation when it comes to finance. Without exception, the financial institutions that hold "YOUR MONEY", i.e. your bank or your broker, create terms that work in their favor rather than in yours. Therefore, the interest you receive on your savings will never be anywhere as high as the rates charged for a loan. The difference between receiving and paying interest from the bank's point of view is easy profit. Sadly, that is not something the banks are willing to give up for your sake."
- "Remember, it's your money that's sitting in the bank! You are just letting the bank keep it for a while. For the privilege of using your money, they owe you something in return. You should never have to pay for having someone use your money!"
- "'SAVINGS' is a term that should only be used when it applies, as in the money you have in your savings account."
- "DO NOT dabble in the markets until you reach your essential savings goal!"
- "It's not what you make but what you keep!"
From the Back Cover
The author is an investment advisor and a former musician. He can relate to the world of finance from an artist's perspective and is therefore uniquely qualified to teach personal finance in a way that makes sense to someone who has little or no experience with money matters. The book is full of fun and thought-provoking examples showing you how to keep your financial house in order. Ultimately, you will learn the financial strategies that will set you apart from those who live from paycheck to paycheck.