Our life depends on money. It can cause entire families to be thrown on the streets. While it creates so much chaos in our lives, most people have no idea how money works, apart from using cash or their credit cards. The rest of the system is a big mystery.
There are many books about money. But they focus on one particular point like the history of money, a specific monetary system, cryptocurrencies, the economy of a state, or are too academic. So the average person needs to read many specialized books and connect the dots to learn about money in general, which can be an overwhelming task.
This book fills the gap by summarizing in simple words how money works. It covers many aspects that seem complicated when presented by “experts” with obscure terms and acronyms but are actually very easy to understand. With the help of more than 30 illustrations, it presents:
- a short history of money, how the financial and economical system currently works and why it creates so many inequalities,
- the problems of the system and its fragile architecture that lead huge banks to fail although they have so much money,
- why nations have so much debt and how crises happen repeatedly,
- the many alternative solutions that people rarely know about and which are developed by passionate people all over the world,
- Bitcoin and the blockchain, which are very likely to replace cash in our lifetime since governments are already developing their own national cryptocurrencies.
It will help you to make your own mind about many subjects, including digital currencies, inflation and deflation, Free Trade Treaties and World institutions as well as the development of the SDR which could become a world currency very soon. Every chapter ends with a short summary to help memorize the main contents. If you want to get into more detail or double-check the ideas and facts that are presented, more than 250 references to reliable public and mainstream sources are included throughout the book.
And finally, it presents one solution which addresses the main problems that humanity has faced since its very first trades, and how you can actually play a role in it, to build a better world.