Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on March 31, 2012
looked at a lot of bikes and read a lot of review's and i kept comeing back to this 1. me and a buddy put it together so we didnt have any problems and we didnt! I must say this is a very good looking bike had a lot of people say it was pretty bad ass!! The only problems the bike dont have a chain guard and the handle bars dont adj up or down so i had to go buy a handle bar ext for 20 bucks.so i went on my first ride and would u no it i got a flat lol just my luck but to no fault of the bike i just picked up a pice of metal so i went to the bicycle pro shop here in northern VA and i had to put a tube in it another 15 bucks but when i was their he also took my tire off and adj the rim on the back so it was rolling nice and free and he also adj my shifters so they were perfect,( all free of charge) and man what a difference!!!! the bike has performed better then i had thought it would its very sturdy and well put together bike.I have had a mongoose since i was a little kid and i can say as a 40 yr old now that mongoose has really done it this time with this bike totaly worth the price if ur in the market for a bike this is it!!!!
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on May 7, 2012
I purchased the Mongoose DH just a few days ago (May, 2012). First of all, my kudos to Amazon. They were the only internet provider that had the bike. I found the price to be fair, and shipping was fantastic, as the bike was delivered within 48 hours from placing my order. I read a lot of reviews before my purchased. Perhaps "Mongoose" read them too, as there have been a few changes. The first thing I noticed was the bike is no longer white and green, but silver and green (maybe that's a change for 2012). Either way, it is one sharp looking bike. Reviews I read said there was no kickstand; whelp, there's one now. I also read that the bike comes with no instructions. That's not true anymore, either. There was a very nice instruction manual that was very easy to read/understand. It seemed to cover everything. Now I haven't put a bike together in decades, but I had no trouble at all setting-up the DH. I found the fit and finish to be excellent. I'm ready to hit the trails...
review imagereview image
22 comments|Report abuse
on March 30, 2012
mongoose d-h team bike is very nice for the price. I ride hard and i know that some parts will need to be replaced when i break them. But for an average rider that does not thrash on a bike it should last just fine. For this price i think it's a great bike. The frame is the best part of this bike. It seems to be very well made. Gears are not low enough for extreme hill climbing, but i doubt that many people who would buy this bike will ever climb hills like i am talking about. Bike shiped fast. I recieved it several days early. It only took 45 minutes to assemble.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on July 11, 2012
I really like this bike. Even though I had to put it together and the instructions weren't that great I mannaged....My only problem is that for some reason it gets stuck between gears, and only changes into 1 gear setting smoothly. I'm going to take it to a bike shop and see if I did something wrong, or if there's something wrong with the bike.. Other than the gear problem it rides so nice, it takes bumps,holes,rocks,dirt what ever you ride it through-it still rides smooth.
on July 31, 2012
A little heavy but for the trails I don't mind it. I will make some upgrades to it starting with the front shocks. The bike is great, it looks good and rides great.
on May 22, 2012
Great Bike for its price!!Love it:)Very speedy and powered bycycle for mountains and street riding!!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BIKE
P.S Mongoose did some great job there
on March 9, 2012
The DH-Team has been an awesome mountain bike for out here in Montana. I ride some very rough trails out here in the Bridger mountains and the Rattlesnake Wilderness. The DH-Team is well designed with a great rear linkage and an adjustable front fork. There is no rattling or buzzing when riding on rough slag. The frame and finish are very good, and my DH-Team looks virtually new after 2 years and 900 miles- mine is "house kept".

I also have the 3 year old XR-Comp (essentially identical to the DH-Team) and an 8 year old XR-450 with 2700 miles on it. If you know Montana, you'll be aware we have some super rocky trails.

I have Cane Creek 3G Thudbuster Short Travel Seatpost, 27.2's on the DH-Team and XR-Comp and a Nashbar Elastomer seatpost on the other one. I also have T H E T.H.E. Sport Line Front Fender BLACK; and T H E T.H.E. Sport Line Rear Fender BLACK and also Mud Machine fenders on my bikes too- lots of muddy spring trails. All my Mongoose bikes have performed extremely well without any part failures; in addition, I have added numerous parts enhancements to each one. The DH-Team is definitely my favorite ride.

The DH-Team is quite stout. I am a weightlifter and hiker and weigh 210 pounds; the DH-Team shows no signs of strain. VIEW MY PHOTOS ABOVE (my DH Team is black) to see my DH-Team and all the part upgrades. As long as you're not jumping out of trees or off of cliffs with it you'll be absolutely fine. The DH-Team truly compares admirably to bikes 3 times its price.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on July 7, 2011
Great Bike For Price! I had it assembled for $100 at 2 Wheeler Dealer a local bike shop I bought a Cannondale from 10 years ago that I paid $1000 for. The first time I took it trail riding on a beginner trail, within 15 minutes the left crank loosened from me pedaling and my crank was about to fall off! I took it the way it was to the bike shop and asked why they were loose as I just paid them to put the bike together. They proceeded to tell me I had a "Cheap Dept. Store Bike" and that's why it happened. I explained that I got it on Amazon and that you can't buy this model in any department stores. I'm not sure if they were jealous because I didn't buy my bike there or mad because I got a good deal. They replaced my crank with a different brand without telling me or showing me the old one and sent me packing thinking they had just repaired the original. When I got home I noticed the crank was black but curved different and I was very dissatisfied with 2 Wheeler Dealer in Wilmington, NC. I don't know why they would come from the factory loose or why they didn't check it at the bike shop when I paid them but all they did was place the blame on Mongoose and badmouth the brand. I had to replace the crank myself with a Shimano brand crank and now I think the bike is good to go. Next time I will probably just assemble the bike myself since I had to double check behind the people I paid to assemble this one! They don't even sell Cannondale anymore when
I asked because they said "they are cheap dept. store bikes now too."
review imagereview imagereview image
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question