Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by All is Bright Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Monk: The Complete Series
Format: DVD|Change

on July 2, 2016
"Monk" is as fresh and funny as when it first came out. Brilliantly written and acted, the plot holes were forgivable. HOWEVER, what holds this back from a 5-star review is that this is a review of the *product* and not the series. Many of the brand new disks skipped and stuttered or froze. Also, there is no episode index! Come on, not one DVD cover or insert includes even a list of what episodes it contains, never mind a synopsis of each episode so you can find your faves. You have to load each DVD and look at the episode index there. What an oversight! A major blunder that Monk would never have allowed.
11 comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 12, 2017
Tony Shalhoub is masterful in this TV series as Monk, an obsessive compulsive who also happens to be a fantastic detective. He has a female sidekick/"minder" who helps keep him on track. Part way through the series the, woman playing this part left the show due to a contract dispute. Fortunately, she was adequately replaced. A lighthearted program, lacking much sex, bad language or violence.
on November 10, 2017
Love love love Monk!!! I have no issues with these DVDs. Entire season, every disc works, love the box set to keep all together. Even my 16 year old daughter loves the series. When I think of the cost of outside entertainment, I'm always willing to buy a box set like this for many hours of family entertainment at a low cost :)
on November 14, 2017
I bought this for my mom for her birthday. She loves Monk and was very happy to receive it. Each season comes on a separate DVD and in its own DVD case. The DVD set was very well and sturdily packaged. The price that I got it for was also very good; I found it online in other retailers for upwards of $120. All in all, a good purchase!
on November 27, 2017
0 issues with the box set. These are standard dvds. The people complaining about the quality should read the discription it's not blue ray or hd. Standard definition dvd that play perfectly
on February 23, 2017
I love this series and had to have it in my collection because I have not seen the whole thing! Well worth the money and I am so glad that I got it!
on December 13, 2017
It is good and the whole series is there unfortunately the packaging has much to be desired. It is made of thick paper and is not very sturdy if you take one season out. I also had scratched one dvd by accident when I took it out as the dvd holder is also flimsy and plastic. The circle that was supposed to hold the dvd is kind of sharp so if you don't pay attention of where you are putting it. You may scrape the dvd putting it back in the plastic fit.
on July 19, 2017
I have watched this show since the beginning and even reruns.Am on season 7 and this is perfect!! Love each episode!
on July 26, 2017
What can I say I love this show. Great price good quality disc. If you love Monk you need to get this.
on August 22, 2017
Love to watch with my girls. Fun and light. All we need to get away of our duties for a while.