Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Rubber Soul forum

Mono or Stereo?`

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 8, 2010 6:53:45 PM PDT
Alexander says:
On the 'Rubber Soul (Remastered)" page on amazon, it does not say whether this album is in mono or stereo. It doesn't even say on the cover of the album (I've checked in several stores).

Is this CD in mono or stereo? If it is in stereo could someone please point me in the right direction to find the mono version? (I am planning on getting the mono boxed set but for now I'd just like 'Rubber Soul' in mono)

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 7:45:38 AM PST
JOLUBOGA says:
Only the Stereo Remasters are sold individually. If you want the Mono version, you're gonna have to buy the entire Mono Remasters Boxset.

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 11:31:32 PM PST
Cory Geurts says:
Yes. All of the new individual Beatles remastered albums are stereo.

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 4:49:52 AM PDT
Bob Bykowski says:
As an owner of the Mono box set, I have to say that, with the exception of the 'White Album', all of the Beatles' albums that were originally recorded with mono being the primary format for consideration do indeed sound best in mono. They come across much more natural, almost as if it was the way the Beatles and George Martin intended them to be (which they were).

'The White Album', however, is THE one Beatles album that a fan has to own in both versions (the remastered stereo as well as the mono version), simply because there are numerous variations in the instrumental fills and background vocal overdubs that are different in each version. It makes for a fun listening experience, as well, in picking out the little differences as you hear them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Rubber Soul forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 8, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 24, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Rubber Soul
Rubber Soul by The Beatles (Vinyl - 1995)
4.6 out of 5 stars (1,102)