Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Monoprice Satellite Speaker Floor Stand (Set of 2), Black
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on January 5, 2014
I bought these because Amazon showed these as "frequently bought together" with my Vizio S4251w-B4 5.1 soundbar, which comes with rear speakers that are wired to a wireless subwoofer. If these really are often purchased for these speakers, then I can only assume tthat they are often returned.

First off, the speakers cannot be mounted upright due to the nature of the mounting bracket. Yes you can turn them upside down but it looks completely silly (they don't match the look/design of the soundbar that way) and it makes the speakers more top heavy, which increases the wobbling of these already wobbly stands. Even worse, the narrowness of the stand tube doesn't allow for the wide ends of the speaker cables to thread through, defeating a major purpose of the stands - concealment of speaker wire. If you have absolutely zero care for how they will look then these will do the trick, but if that's the case then you might as well just place the speakers on end tables or some other surface because it's painfully obvious to anyone who sees them that they were not made for these speakers once set up.

I gave three stars because the price is right and they seem like they would probably be fine for some other speakers with thinner wire outputs and/or different wire input locations, and to be fair Monoprice does not expressly claim to be ideal for these speakers (I guess it's my fault for assuming that this issue would have been raised more by other customers who bought these stands for these speakers). But for future customers, you've been warned: if you're looking for stands for this soundbar and speakers, I would highly recommend you look elsewhere.
1313 comments| 186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2014
I'd give it a 4 star just because the plastic pieces it comes with are cheap. But over all it's perfect. It's heavy and does what I expected it to do!

Please excuse the dust inside the back of the speaker I didn't even see it until I took the picture! So make sure you clean the back of your speakers!!! Lol
review image review image review image
on February 1, 2012
These stands are perfect for my Bose cube speakers. They cost less than half of what of the Bose stands go for and they're 6" taller. I wasn't expecting too much but I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of these stands for the money.
on May 2, 2010
These stands (2) have many mounting options, good stability, and ability to hide speaker wires. Screw threading on base may be poorly machined but usable. Paint finish looks good but can be scratched off easily. Overall a decent product for the price.
on July 11, 2012
This item is manufactured/sold by MonoPrice at [...]. It costs about $11 on [...], but shipping costs bump up the final price to about $21 to $22. Due to the ease of returns at Amazon.com, I decided to go ahead and purchase it for a little over $23 from Amazon instead of Monoprice. The shipping weight is about 10 pounds. The package comes with two plastic head mounts, two aluminum height-adjustable hollow rods, two cast iron weights and two feet that keep it from toppling. The first thing you notice is that these speaker stands are cheap/light; I didn't expect the top mount (where you mount the speakers) to be made of cheap plastic that feels as though it may break/snap, and I didn't expect the rods to be made of extremely light aluminum. I was used to the $60-80 speaker stands that I have been buying from Best Buy, where all of the parts are metal and each stand weights about 20 to 30 pounds. The base/feet on these stands are a square measuring about 10"x10", and the cast iron weight at the bottom is about 3 pounds. I used my computer speakers (Creative 5.1) speaker system to mount onto these speaker stands, and each satellite speaker is about 0.3 pounds. If I knock the speaker stand hard with these speakers mounted, it'll wobble but I doubt they'll topple over. I agree with the specifications on the box; if the mounted speaker weighed more than 5 pounds, it'll be heavy enough to counter the weight at the bottom of the stand and easily topple over when bumped. For half the price of speaker stands from Best Buy or Walmart, it'll do the job.
on October 30, 2013
I bought these for my Visio soundbar surround system. They mount the rear speakers just fine. However, the wire management leaves something to be desired. Because the rear speakers use an RCA-like plug, and not standard speaker wire, I can't feed the wires through the stand.
44 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2010
I got these stands recently and found them easy to assembley, they have a good weight on the bottom that helps it stay grounded, are adjustable in many places (height, angle) the only complaint I have was although it did come with many screws for various mounting options, it didn't come with one to fit my speakers and they are a standard size, single hole Onkyo 6200 speaker, I had to get the screws from a hardware store. But again great product!
on August 2, 2013
I have 4.5lb speakers that tipped these over no matter however I set it up with stands removed and no speaker wires adding additional strain. This would work maybe for a 3lb or less satellite speaker but not a good sized 4-5lb surround.
on July 19, 2013
It was advertised to hold upto 5 lbs, but in fact it does not even hold Martin Logan MLT-2 satelite speaker (3.47 lbs).
44 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2014
I have Samsung satellite speakers, maybe 2lbs and these stands won't hold them up securely on carpet.
The hole punched in the side of the tube for the speaker wire was folded over in the tube and I had the work the material out before a wire could be pushed through.
The mounting brackets and tube adjustment nuts are plastic.
There is very few options for mounting a speaker, 10 screws, two thumb nuts and a few washers.
The base weight is small, (maybe 2-3 lbs) round and is centered under the thin stamped base plate.
The base is built with the weight underneath the cover the four "feet" of the thin cover barely touch the ground.
My speakers were leaning forward and just one loud movie scene from tipping over.
I am returning them and if they won't take them back they will go straight to the metal (and plastic) recycle bin where they belong.
My other stands are Sanus model HTB-7 and those are the ones I'll order now.
review image review image