Monopoly City Edition
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Monopoly City is the Monopoly game that lets you build in an instant and create the perfect city
- Features 80 3-D buildings so you can develop your Monopoly property
- Perfect for Family game night
- What will you build houses or industrial complexes schools skyscrapers or stadiums the choice is yours
- Build wisely and rake in the rent and the prestigious Monopoly tower could be yours
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Monopoly City Edition
Monopoly City adds new twists to the classic board game. Designed for children ages eight and up, this board game will teach your kids about what it takes to be the best property developer and the work that goes into building their dream city. With the goal of owning the prestigious Monopoly tower, your kids will be learning important lessons about money while wheeling and dealing their way to the top.
Build your own 3-D city in hopes of owning the prestigious Monopoly tower. View larger.
Monopoly City is exactly like classic Monopoly in lay out, rules, and gameplay--roll the dice, move your character around the board, and try not to spend too much time in jail or go bankrupt! However Monopoly City has also made several neat changes, with newly named properties, new monetary values, futuristic buildings, and new playing cards.
Whereas with the original version of Monopoly Park Place was one of the most prestigious properties to own--with Monopoly City you will be striving to acquire a permit for the fancy Fortune Valley. The buildings are modern and 3-D, and the currency has much higher values, ranging up to five million dollars--no small change here!
Instead of property deeds, you acquire permits for the zones you'd like to build in, and this latest version also includes an electronic trading unit, making it possible to hold "public" or "private" auctions for your properties and districts.
Learning Important Values While Having Fun
Monopoly City is not only fun for your kids and the family, but it also teaches important lessons and values about money--including the work and planning that goes into building their own dream city. We also like that this board game includes several new fun features like the electronic trading unit and updated cards. Long-time Monopoly fans will find these new twists fun and interesting. And for those who are just learning how to play, the game is certain to become an instant hit.
What's in the Box
Game board, six movers, buildings, 22 District cards, 25 Chance cards, six Reminder cards, one Rent Dodge card, two dice, one money pack, and one trading unit with instructions. (Batteries not included.)
See all Product description
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||ⓉoysⓄnline||Amazon.com||A Great Deal On Everything||Juds Cool Stuff||Affordable Tech, Inc.|
|Are Batteries Required||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Item Dimensions||15.75 x 2.5 x 10.51 in||12.8 x 2.3 x 15.8 in||15.75 x 1.97 x 10.51 in||15.75 x 1.97 x 10.51 in||15.75 x 1.97 x 10.51 in||29 x 29 x 10 in|
|Item Weight||2.8 lbs||3.2 lbs||0.76 lb||230 lbs||2.36 lbs||24 lbs|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I haven't actually played this with any kids so I'm not sure if they would be able to keep up with the slightly more complex and involved style of game play than the original version, but you never know and kids surprise me all the time. I suspect though, that it may be more enjoyable as a revelation for adults who grew up playing the original; than for kids who would be new to any version of the game.
it has all the great features that the old classic monopoly has , plus new features to enjoy the game really more
1) new game style and look
2) new features such as the skyscrapers , hazard buildings , bounus buildings , deal/build electronic button
3) now you can finish this game in a maximum of 3 hours instead of the very long classic one
1) i still think if they just change the money quality it will be a nice touch
2) the buildings are still plastic , even though they are designed well they could've made the skyscrapers like the rest of the buildings ( they are plastic and wrapped in paper to show the design of a skyscrapers , instead of molded into the shape and look of one )
i really love this new version over the old classic one , and every one who wants some change in his - monopoly life - he should consider this as a great option , its fun and its for the whole family ( considering im 21 and i still play it )
hope this helps
It says for 8+. I think it's a little complicated for an 8yr old to pick up and really enjoy.
The only two problems I found with it are:
1) There aren't enough buildings to have a really long drawn out mega-game. Right when it's nearing the end you run out of buildings and whoever is in the lead pretty much wins by default because you can never catch up. I'd like to get my hands on a second set to beef up the numbers.
2) The auctions are ridiculous. Waiting until the buzzer sounds to scream out numbers as fast as possible isn't very fun. We scrapped the gizmo auctions and just do silent bids. Get 2 to 3 turns to write a price on a sheet of paper. At the end whoever has the highest number gets it.
Other than that, it's a great game.
EDIT: Apparently you can order replacement parts directly from hasbro. [...]
Most recent customer reviews
Love that everyone has a chance to build as soon as they own one property. Game moves a little slower becausee of this
Cons Pieces fall over to easy.Read more