CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.95 shipping
+ $9.30 shipping
Monopoly Brand Game Zapped Edition
|Price:||$16.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Use the app to buy and auction property, and transfer Monopoly dollars to your iPad with touch-banking cards. Are you raking in the cash
- Own the most assets when a player goes bankrupt, and you win
- Experience Monopoly mayhem with this iPad edition
- Requires iPad, not included. For 2 to 4 players
- Game Board comes with Rubber Pads, 6 tokens, 28 Property cards, 32 green houses, 12 red hotels, 2 dice, 4 Monopoly Touch-banking cards and instructions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item Monopoly Brand Game Zapped Edition
The Game of Life Zapped Edition B006YKE6D2
Monopoly The Mega Edition B000ITBYU8
Monopoly Game: Ultimate Banking Edition B01ALHAMTK
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Frustration Free Solutions||AOMA DEALS||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Weight||1.6 lbs||1.45 lbs||3.19 lbs||2.38 lbs|
|Item Dimensions||10.51 x 1.97 x 10.51 in||2 x 10.51 x 10.51 in||12.8 x 2.3 x 15.8 in||15.75 x 1.97 x 10.51 in|
|Are Batteries Required||No||No||No||Yes|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Monopoly Zapped can be played with the iPhone or iPad with two-four players. The game is diffeent from tradtional Monopoly in that the device (iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone) is the bank and there are on-screen mini games. There is no money, you just swipe your credit card on the screen! The mini-games are fun as there a few that pop up (in place of Community Chest and Chance cards) and some are for multiple players.
Starting the game was pretty easy and we were off playing in time. You pick your players (which you can use next time), your gamepiece and start rolling. You touch the device screen to do anything with money (pay rent, buy properties, collect passing Go money...) pick a Chance/Community Chest card and change turns. Their is a mini-game for jail too where you can bust out of jail! Included is a gameboard, game pieces, and houses/hotels.
Things I'd change:
Make the dice a different color - they are clear and it is a little hard to read
Make it so when you buy a property it saves it on the device (rather than just paying money)
Have the card swiping more accurate
Allow you to add in your own rules
Overall, we liked the new way to play. It keeps the game pretty close to the original game with little extras. I liked not using the paper money (yes I am lazy with math) and that they kept the actual property cards and hotel/house pieces. I did have issues swiping my card but I am not sure if it was user-error, our iPad screen or the card itself - my husband though had just a few times he had to swipe extra tries. Next time we may even try using on of our iPod Touch's to see how a small screen is. Oh and I recommend using a charged device, ours died in the middle of the game. I think for a techie-family this would be a lot of fun, and for my husband and I it is nice to not drag out the whole game for the two of us. Oh and the app you use for it (Monopoly Zapped) is of course free!
It is tried and true old school monopoly with a few changes:
1) the price of EVERYTHING has been inflated to today's standards... a property that cost $100 in the original Monopoly will now cost you 1 Million or $1M - this is sort of cool.
2) the Electric company and the Water Works have morphed in the Solar Company and Telecom - kinda cool
3) MINI Games (via Ipad/Iphone) have been added to parts of the game -- Community Chest, Chance, and Getting of of Jail may all take part in some MiniGames. Sometimes versus other players, sometimes just doing something on the Ipad/Iphone on your own. These are a neat new twist that I really did enjoy and it helped keep my 7 year olds interest as well.
4) all money is tracked via your "Debit Card" -- in THEORY this should make the game EASIER and Faster. From an Educational standpoint, this is a cop-out taking away the adding and subtracting and money handling skills that kids should learn. From a realistic standpoint, this is pretty cool as it allows kids to see that Debit Cards DO have money behind them and that they just aren't LIMITLESS funds to spend forever and never replenish.
My BIG issue with this game is that you have to scan those darn Debit Cards for EVERYTHING. You pass go, you have to scan your Card. You buy a property you have to scan that Debit Card. You pay RENT, you have to scan your debit card, then the property owner has to scan theirs to collect their money. The game KNOWS it is your turn... you have to TAP on the Iphone/Ipad and select which player's turn it is.
Now all this Scanning of the Debit Card wouldn't be so bad if it worked all the time, but the problem is it doesn't. First of all the game tells you to REMOVE any casing you may have around your Ipad/Iphone. In some cases, I'm sure this would be easy. For me, I have a Griffin Technologies Military Grade Case around my Ipad. It is not meant to be taken off easily. That's the point in owning it... to PROTECT the IPAD. If it isn't ON the IPAD, it cannot protect it (but I digress). So we removed the Casing around the Ipad and now it is buck-naked and rearing to go. I wish. Every time we have to Scan or Tap our Debit cards, it became a MAJOR ordeal. Sometime (rarely) it would work on the first try, most of the time we put that darn Debit Card on the Ipad 10+ times before it actually "read" it.
The game just became TOO frustrating with the Debit Cards not scanning correctly. It would have been much easier and FAST to play with old fashion Monopoly money.
My advice... stick to the original game, don't go high tech with this version -- unless they fix this debit card reading issue.
I ONLY tried this with my Ipad --- I do not own an Iphone, but my guess is it will suck just as bad.