Monopoly: Here and Now Edition
|Price:||$29.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- It's a whole new twist on the classic property trading game!
- The four railroads are now airports, including LAX, JFK and Chicago's O'Hare
- Hot property includes Times Square in New York City, Boston's Fenway Park, Las Vegas Blvd.
- New tokens include the Toyota Prius, New Balance Shoe, McDonald's French Fries, Labradoodle, Motorola RAZR Mobile Headset, and a Laptop Computer
- The goal still remains the same: buy, sell and trade well-known U.S. properties to win the game!
- Houston's Johnson Space Center, Nashville's Grand Ole Opry, and Minneapolis' Mall of America!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Top Customer Reviews
I have to agree with some comments about the money being harder to use, and that is true. However, I think it is a minor problem. The extra zeros on all the denominations make things a bit tough to work out, but this is something one gets used to when they play it a few times. The modern highrise buildings, (rather than houses and hotels), are a great little touch, allowing you to build "up" rather than across.
The new locations are great, and the new up-dated pieces are fun. Being made of metal, they are very durable too. The board folds in quarters, which is pretty common these days, (rather than in half with some of the older designs).
Overall, this is a great version of Monopoly and adds something to the experience. Although I would not abandon the original version for it, it is a great game.
One problem I had (and the only reason this gets 4 stars) is that the money was cumbersome if you're very used to the classic denominations. All of my sets except this one use the standard 1-5-10-20-50-100-500 scheme, whether it's dollars, galactic credits, hobbit money, whatever. Switching to large money values is great, but I think they should have at least left the 1-5-etc scheme, so the money could have been $1000, $5000, $10000 etc. This would help tie the old versions with the updated-ness of the new version, allowing a connection between those of us who have been playing the classic sets for years and the people who are just starting.
Overall, nicely executed idea that could have used a bit more globalization and more familiar money.
1.Make the paper money larger for ease of handling
2.A lazy susan for the deed cards (like in Monopoly Deluxe Edition)
3 The game board be folded in 2 sections instead of 4 (less creases)
4. make the tokens larger (my friend has big fingers had a hard time moving his token)
Other than this i have to say that the game was still fun and challenging, and really cool to land on known landmarks instead of the traditional street names.
If anything grab this game and leave it wrapped as a collector item (as it was a limited edition!
How and why this appeals to them more than traditional MOnopoly is not totally clear but here are some key factors:
1. It is a total revamp of the old MOnopoly
2. The cost of living increased 10,0000 fold. There are some different types of cards and new businesses such as Starbucks, Laptop computers and othe items are included. Whatever the reason, any board game that keeps groups of teens safely inside in cold weather and having hours of fun is a major plus!
The new design of the board is nice and attractive. Also the metal pieces are a plus.
Monopoly is a great game and I love it! only bad thing is it takes a LONG time to finish the game.
Compared to the original version, this version is more colorful, attractive and unlike the plain board of the classic monopoly this one is better in terms of its pictures, and color.
For those who do not own a monopoly: This is a great version to get especially when the price is not significantly higher than the classic. You will love the colors.
OH I almost forgot... the modern attractions/ property is great also! Instead of the old properties (which some do not exist anymore) you get modern places such as Times Square, Fenway Park, and JFK airport.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fun game! We played for hours with our teenage son. All pieces are accounted for.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Nice game, but different than the old original Monopoly that I was used to. My family likes to play this and it shipped fast.Published 5 months ago by Julie Gray
I was super excited to receive and play our new Monopoly game, but was sadly disappointed when it didn't include my piece from the "Here and Now" version. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Kimmy