Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 639 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 664 reviews
on January 18, 2012
Do you have kids? I do. Laptops, iPads, a tablet and a Kindle Fire (which is Amazing!) are always being used and shared. So often one is watching something and says to the other "Come listen!" or they want to watch a movie together but there is only one headphone jack. One gets the left earbud, the other gets the right one... or worse, they try to share headphones.

Not any more!

This little item allows them each to use their own earbuds (much more sanitary) and to control their own volume.

I made this order after the first two were lost after six months of hard use. The quality is very good, the wires are heavier than many earbud wires and are securely sealed into the components. The plugs are clean and tight, volume controls are smooth and accurate. The price is unbeatable and with the super saver shipping options you can feel good about replacing them if you need to.
0Comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2012
I purchased these so I could share music and the audio from video while on a trip with a friend. They work, but we had a couple of issues. First, the range through which you could change the volume is limited. Second, adjusting the volume on one side adjusted the balance on the other. When my friend adjusted her volume, my music got louder in one ear and/or quieter in the other. The same thing happened to her when I adjusted my volume. However, the difference wasn't very noticeable when the volume wasn't actually in the process of being adjusted, but it was annoying while it happened.

For the price, I don't think the splitters are too bad. I actually chose the ones with separate volume controls because of their extra length, not for the ability to adjust either side's volume separately (my headphones have their own volume control). Others might be more bothered by the volume issues than I was though.
11 comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2013
Used this with my iPad on a long flight so my husband and I could watch movies together! Having independent volume control was great and there was no quality/clarity issues we noticed! Would buy again for sure!
on November 27, 2015
We went through a couple other brands of splitters that were all cheaper quality than this Monoprice one. It's been almost a year and these are still going strong. No problems with stereo audio quality in either jack, and individual volume controls works great. These have been a life saver for watching movies during long airport layovers or flights when the in-flight movies aren't any good.

Just a couple weeks ago on a long flight we watched The Gift using these splitters and the audio quality was so good my husband forgot where he was and gave a startled yell during a jump scare! We had to explain to the passengers around us that he was okay... But it's a good movie if you haven't seen it, just like these splitters are a good buy if you haven't gotten them yet.
on April 27, 2017
I have been using this headphone splitter for about four weeks. Although it seems like a cheap piece of plastic junk, it does what it's supposed to do. Before I purchased this product, I knew other reviewers were concerned about how fragile the cords are. They weren't kidding. If you don't treat this device with care, it could easily break after three uses. But the good news is, the independent volume control works. I don't like to blast my music. My partner loves turning the dial up to 11. It's a nice feature to have in an splitter that costs two bucks.
on October 15, 2015
It seems like other sellers are sending the wrong item to customers. If it doesn't have "Monoprice" stamped on the volume control, you received the wrong item and should contact amazon.
This item works very well. There are two separate inputs and two independent volume controls. A lot of people are saying that turning up one side will turn down the other. This is not true. They have another item. Both controls are independent. You turn the little wheel pictured in my photo.

Product is very good and very affordable. I got a similar product from Target and it was poorly made, you couldn't even fit a headphone jack all the way into one side.
on June 3, 2017
Works great for one of my students and her aide! So glad I searched different options and purchased these. Will purchase these again whenever headphone splitters are needed! Inexpensive for me; extra length needed for two people; and the little protective plastic zip is a plus! With the volume control on both sides, this is an additional plus feature. I cannot review on the longevity of these yet; however, taking care of them and in the plastic when not in use, these should last quite a long time.
on July 9, 2015
I did get a headphone splitter, but it's one where the two inputs are one piece of plastic, not two separate ones. This wonderful design makes it impossible to actually insert two headphone plugs in because they are too close together. And the sound is appallingly bad - it'll make your great headphones sound like tin cans. Glad I waited three weeks for this crap.
on December 3, 2015
This item actually surprised me in how well it functions.
I needed this headphone splitter so that i could control the volume coming from my TV when my headphones are plugged into it. This little cord solved that problem and i know many people could benefit from that. I did take one star off because the quality while it works now, the build quality does seem slightly low. Although for the price of $4, i would not be upset if this broke after a solid 6-8 months of use. You get what you pay for and I'm confident this will last atlas that long, and I've had great experience with mono price items in the past.

Pros:
1. Cheap
2. Worked right out of the box
3. two separate volume controllers for each headphone
4. Cheaper than competitors

Cons:
1. Build quality doesn't seem the highest

Conclusion
It was only $4 and i feel that for the price this is a great product. It solved my problem and also allowed me to have extra volume control of another item plugged into the second headphone jack. For the price, i would most definitely recommend the item.
on March 27, 2014
I got these for a trip on an airplane to share watching something with my husband. This didn't work as well as I thought they would. When I plugged in my headphones, all I heard was background ambient noise - no voices. When I jiggled the headphone jack around a little, and sort of unplugged them, I could get them to work - but only 1 earbud would work - there was no sound coming out of the other earbud at all. I thought it may be because I was using my iPhone headphones, so on the return back, I used a different pair of headphones, and same thing. I had to jiggle it around, and only one earbud would work. I'm not giving too low of a score here, because they did work for the most part, but not in a comfortable way, in which I could hear it all perfectly. I wouldn't get these again.