Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Monoprice 107116 Headphone Splitter with Separate Volume Controls, White
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer Transparent Transparent Transparent  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition GNO Shop Now STEM

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on March 19, 2012
I purchased these so I could share music and the audio from video while on a trip with a friend. They work, but we had a couple of issues. First, the range through which you could change the volume is limited. Second, adjusting the volume on one side adjusted the balance on the other. When my friend adjusted her volume, my music got louder in one ear and/or quieter in the other. The same thing happened to her when I adjusted my volume. However, the difference wasn't very noticeable when the volume wasn't actually in the process of being adjusted, but it was annoying while it happened.

For the price, I don't think the splitters are too bad. I actually chose the ones with separate volume controls because of their extra length, not for the ability to adjust either side's volume separately (my headphones have their own volume control). Others might be more bothered by the volume issues than I was though.
11 comment| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2012
Works well, user should be advised that turning down one side's volume raises the other sides volume. Just for your information.
on November 12, 2013
Used this with my iPad on a long flight so my husband and I could watch movies together! Having independent volume control was great and there was no quality/clarity issues we noticed! Would buy again for sure!
on December 25, 2011
This product is OK. The plastic cover over the adjustment wheel falls off. I needed to glue it back on. Other than that, no problems.
on August 4, 2011
I absolutely love this headphone splitter...Great to have when you're in the media field, because you're able to glance over your work and also able to share with someone else and get their opinion. It's also going to come in handy with my 4 year old, because we like to listen to music together, but the quality isn't the same when you can only have one ear piece in and you also have to watch the volume since everyone likes to listen to their music at different levels so now we can both enjoy the music, have our own headphone set and control our own volume level.
on October 15, 2015
It seems like other sellers are sending the wrong item to customers. If it doesn't have "Monoprice" stamped on the volume control, you received the wrong item and should contact amazon.
This item works very well. There are two separate inputs and two independent volume controls. A lot of people are saying that turning up one side will turn down the other. This is not true. They have another item. Both controls are independent. You turn the little wheel pictured in my photo.

Product is very good and very affordable. I got a similar product from Target and it was poorly made, you couldn't even fit a headphone jack all the way into one side.
review image
on November 22, 2013
This thing is really cool! No batteries necessary and supplies both headphones with a separate volume control. If I have any complaints its that the cable is a little short so having control of the volume is you are any more than an arms length away is a little difficult. Other than that its a cool product that I use all the time in my studio.
on February 4, 2016
Contrary to the other reviews I read before purchasing, this splitter works very well. I was concerned about some reviewers commenting that when one channel's volume was turned down the other channel's volume would increase. However, I have tested the two channels behave independently of each other. The splitter itself seems to be rather well made for the price. The rubber bending pieces seem adequate and plenty, and the volume wheels are very sturdy. Its length is perfect as well - allowing for good separation between the channels.

This brings me to the only downside of this splitter. Before it arrived, I had been sharing headphones with my friend to listen to music. Now, though we have stereo music again, we also have separation. I feel our friendship distancing with every beat of the songs we now listen to independently of each other at whatever volume we like. Needless to say, this splitter is so fantastic that it is able to split more than music </3.
on June 17, 2013
My husband and I were traveling with our grandchildren, and we wanted them to be able to watch movies (with headphones) while we listened to an audiobook on our Kindle Fire HD. This splitter was the perfect solution--the Kindle was then able to accommodate two sets of head phones, and we were able to individually control the volume. Audiobooks are the BEST for passing the time on long drives!!
on February 4, 2013
This item does what it's supposed to do. However, the sound quality is strange at times. If I bend the connector one way or another, while music is playing, different instruments sound louder or quieter. I think this is due to a bad connection. The problem does not occur with speakers or headphones plugged straight into my PC, even with bending.

The volume control is a bit erratic, but also does its job.

In conclusion, this splitter works, but for quality I'd recommend looking elsewhere.