Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 61 reviews
on November 17, 2014
I mounted this outside on a 4x4 for two rock speakers to replace the 21-year old controller that had inferior waterproofing and rusted inside. I attached 2 feet or more of 1/2" electrical plastic conduit to the connection facing down and left the bottom open of the conduit open so that any possible water that gets in can get out. (I have heard of others using plastic rubber ear plugs to fill the gap and then silicone caulk). The speaker wire is direct burial speaker wire that has lasted 21 years with no degradation.

It works, i did not do any sound tests.
on June 19, 2014
Yes, as another reviewer noted, it's difficult to wire. There's little space inside for left and right speakers in and out. I wired it on the work bench with all the lengths of speaker wire attached. Like a wiring harness. Then I installed it outside and ran the wires to the speakers and amp. It's a neat installation with the wires all tucked away and hardly visable. I was proud of myself. Then I turned on the amp to check it out. The volumn control has a rotary dial that clicks in position at each of 10 sound levels. As I rotated the dial I noticed that at two of the positions the right speaker goes dead and I only hear the left one. I don't even think I'll return it because once installed, it cant be swapped out in place. I'd have to rip out all the wiring I installed and start over on the workbench. I wish they'd test these things before they sell them!( Or maybe they do, and this vendor sells the rejects.)
on June 6, 2017
Works very well. Easy to wire. The reason I did not give it five stars is because it is a lot bigger, and heavier than it appears in the picture. (And, I am not so sure it needs to be that big. But, hey, I didn't make it.) I bought it for the deck (California Red Stained), and the gray color seems to be okay, as I installed it near one of the speakers, and the Cable TV plug. Because of the size, I installed it sideways, and it looks pretty good. Apparently it doesn't stick out too far as my wife has yet to notice it, and it is in a very prominent location. LOL Would be great if it came in black or brown.
on May 29, 2015
Volume knob works well, take you time with inserting your wire into the contacts, DONT overtighten the small set screw, just snug will work perfectly. I ended up putting a small bead of silicone caulk around the gasket prior to closing up the faceplate, and then a small bead along the outside edge to ensure water/snow/hot tub water stays out of the box.
As for the operation, once I had the Ohms switched to the correct settings, the speakers sounded great! the volume has slight 'clicks' for each level, works really nicely to find a spot and keep it. If i was to install this again I would most likely run 16 or 18 guage wire into the box/unit as it would then be much easier to close up. I ran 14 guage outdoor low voltage wire (large outer jacket) and it worked, just very cramped inside, but it all works!
on August 8, 2016
I should listened to the reviews. This one was much cheaper than other volume controls. Other people complained about issues with volume levels being uneven between speakers. Also even when turned all the way off- can still hear sound in one speaker. Also, seems to make my amp run VERY hot. I will be returning it.
on August 1, 2015
14 Gauge wire doesn't fit. These are outdoor volume controls and the wire is going to the pool. It's a long way from the house!
I had to run 14-4 speaker wire for the distance. Now I'm stuck trying to insert the 14 into the 16 gauge holes.
Why?
on May 19, 2014
Works well, and build quality was as expected. Sorted with 16 gauge, 4 channel input and dual channel output. Box is a bit tight inside if you leave much of the sheath on the wires. Strip off at least 5-6 inches of the outer sheath to allow good routing of the wire. I recommend using small zip ties on the wiring after all input/output channels are connected. This will prevent putting tension on the circuit board when dropping the board into the box. also, secure the wires coming out of the box by binding again with a zip tie. I have employed this with a 50W/channel amplifier and TIC outdoor speakers. I recommend buying the 100W vs the 50W volume controller if your peak is a 50W system. This will handle any transient peaks and avoid blowing this unit.
on June 3, 2016
THE PIPE OPENING IS 3/4.

Purchased to have control of speakers 120 feet away from the house. Works PERFECT. no more running back and forth. Works EXACTLY as advertised. I went with TRUE 14GA wire since it was a long run. It's a little tight in there but with some patience I had no issues.

Painted black for concealment leaving knob white to find it easier in the dark.

Their tech support was amazing. I forgot to bring the box with me to the store to get the right pvc pipe. A quick phone call and I was home installing it.
review image
on December 28, 2014
Great volume knob! Makes a world of difference with our patio speakers out back. I just leave Zone B on all the time on my receiver, and when we go out back we just turn the volume knob up and we got sound!
on October 17, 2015
This is a good product. It works as advertised. Be sure and check the dimensions - it's not a compact unit. But none of the outdoor speaker volume controls are any smaller. It feels sturdy and well built.

The only problem I had was inserting the two innermost wires into the terminal blocks. You have to insert the wire and then screw it down in the terminal. The two innermost screws are difficult to get to. It's doable but awkward. I finally figured out that the green terminal blocks can be pulled out (they are just press-fitted in) and then I was able to insert the wires and plug the terminal blocks back in.

I contacted Monoprice about a problem (my misunderstanding about how something worked). I used the chat line on their website. The response was prompt, friendly and (most important) accurate.