Top positive review
3 people found this helpful
Still a nice graphics tablet in 2016
on April 21, 2016
I know this isn't a perfect, new product, but I've had it for 1 day and I'm satisfied with it. It might be a little better than I was expecting. It's pretty big. I like the big drawing surface but I wouldn't mind getting rid of all the extra, blank space around the edges. That would cut about 3-4 inches off the size.
* Customizable buttons: Some of them are out of date or applications I'd never use, like MSN or Excel, but you can change their paths which is nice. I changed them and then put a little piece of tape over them--the pen WILL write through tape and paper--with a new label. I included a picture of what I did.
* Feel: It really does feel like writing on a piece of paper. You have to press a little harder than I thought to create thick lines, but I've made sure pressing hard won't damage the surface and I'll get used to it.
* Pen: It's a sturdy pen and when held the right way, the buttons on it are extremely helpful for scrolling. I've found that it can really replace the mouse as long as you practice using it and adjust the screen size.
* Drawing: The reason we're all here! I don't think I could be happier with the actual performance of this tablet. For reference, I'm a digital artist who regularly draws detailed images. I use Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchbook, and a few other programs. Until I bought this I was doing most of my digital art on my Samsung tablet with an S-Pen, which if you've used one, you know is very precise and high quality. This pen is much thicker which isn't a draw back, simply something I need to adjust to. I find this just as accurate as drawing on my Tab!
* Pen: I like the pen itself, but putting the battery in was a hassle and I thought I was going to break the whole thing. It's set up very oddly, and might give me trouble in the future.
* Button delay: It isn't every time I push one of the left-hand buttons, and it isn't that long of a delay, but it's still there. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of.
There are no other cons. I'm pleased with this product and would recommend it to someone looking for an affordable graphics tablet.