Monoprice Mini DisplayPort / Thunderbolt to HDMI®, DVI & DisplayPort Adapter
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Supports Mini DisplayPort 1.1a "Dual-Mode" input
- Thunderbolt compatible
- Supports audio output over HDMI for iMac (from Late 2009 on) and MacBook Pro (from Mid 2010 on)
- Supports DisplayPort 1.1a "Dual-Mode" output with a maximum resolution of 2560x1600
- Supports HDMI and DVI output with a maximum max resolution of 1920x1080p at 60Hz, 225MHz/2.25Gbps per channel (6.75Gbps all channel), 12-bit per channel (36-bit all channel) deep color
- Automatically detects the connected display type
- Powered by the Mini DisplayPort input
- Gold plated connectors for smooth, corrosion-free connections
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
When your MacBook needs to connect to a variety of different display types, you need this multifunction adapter from Monoprice!
This adapter has a Mini DisplayPort (mDP) connector on one end for connecting to the output of your MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, or any other device with an mDP output. The other end has DisplayPort (DP), HDMI, and DVI output ports, allowing you to connect to a single display using either of these standards. This adapter saves you the hassle and expense of purchasing and transporting different adapters with your MacBook because this one adapter fits all the primary standards you are likely to encounter in your travels.
Note that this will not connect more than one display at a time. Only a single display can be connected to one of the outputs.
* Supports Mini DisplayPort 1.1a "Dual-Mode" input
* Supports audio output over HDMI for iMac (from Late 2009 on) and MacBook Pro (from Mid 2010 on)
* Supports DisplayPort 1.1a "Dual-Mode" output with a maximum resolution of 2560x1600
* Supports HDMI and DVI output with a maximum max resolution of 1920x1080p @ 60Hz, 225MHz/2.25Gbps per channel (6.75Gbps all channel), 12-bit per channel (36-bit all channel) deep color
* Automatically detects the connected display type
* Powered by the Mini DisplayPort input
* Thunderbolt compatible
Top customer reviews
My Usage applications:
- I use the HDMI connection to stream movies to my home theater system using my tablet and XBMC. 1080p HD Video and HD Audio (DTS, DTS HD-MA, TrueHD, Dolby Digital, etc.) are perfect!
- I use the DisplayPort to connect to my Dell U3011 30" monitor @ 2560x1600 60Hz!
- The DisplayPort supports Video and Audio Pass-thru to my 5.1 PC speaker setup. The Dell U3011 has outputs connections for 5.1 PC speaker setup.
It's been great for a month now and I suspect it will hold up for a while. Overall this item meets or exceeds all of my expectations.
This is my original review. Soon after it was written however, the cable ultimately crapped out.
This is a quality cable with some great options. It allows you to choose between DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort for output unlike most cables of this type and in this price range. After some months of use, there have been no issues. The cable can be a bit finicky if the computer moves around (this can cause it to stop displaying on the external device for a moment) but this is hardly an issue as it does not happen all that often.
I actually tested this out in my video, here: http://youtu.be/_HHum_SExtc
Here is the HDMI cable that I bought along with the adapter.
Mediabridge High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet (25 ft) - Ultra Series - Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return [Newest Standard]
All of a sudden, it stopped working and produces this red/white fuzz. I tried a different HDMI cable and TV port.
The seller (ValueMax) would not replace it.
I'll have to switch to a lighter, simpler adapter with a more flexible cord and direct-output-from-the-tip design. (The HDMI port is on the side and hangs awkwardly.)
Most recent customer reviews
It worked fine for months but suddenly It starts to fail.
I have to try 4~5 times (using the HDMI port) to start using it.Read more