Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on January 13, 2013
I'll start out by saying I am not a huge fan of Monster Cable and their business practices. However they do know what a custom installer wants and they deliver with this product. The speaker wire is flexible, It is easy to pull and the most useful part is their packaging. It comes in a sturdy box which facilitates paying speaker wire right off the spool from the box because they have used a couple pressboard sides and a dowel rod to allow the spool to rotate freely. They also have footage markers printed on the wire. The outer jacket of this cable is a little less substantial than I would like but overall it worked great and I will buy again if needed as the price was also right.
on January 17, 2013
I still have 400+ feet left, but I've got cable going through my attic to feed my surround channels now. Really good stuff...the outer jacket is soft PVC, and the insulation strips easy too. As someone who has worked with some good wire and some bad wire, this is good, though I don't like how Monster has positioned themselves and blow a lot of smoke and generally sell snake oil infused wire at a premium....but, this is very plain by their standards, and is of good quality, and not too expensive, all things considered.
on August 27, 2012
I'm happy with this product (although, I wish it wasn't as expensive). The wiring has measurement markings which is very handy when pulling wire -- that way, you can easily keep track how long each run has been. I used this on the construction of my new house and was able to wire before the sheet rock went up. I used it for surround sound wiring in the living room and for a two-zone in-wall speaker system (one in kitchen and a second one for the outside/back of the house). The box *was* nice at first because it held the spool of cable and was very easy to pull. But, after I put the box back in my car and pulled it back it to finish running the cable, the cardboard didn't survive with the other items/tools and it no longer held the spool for easy work.
on January 4, 2012
We are using this cable between our AV closet and the home theater in our media room. Quality of the cable is fantastic and it was very easy to work with. Cable showed no signs of stress pulling throu the walls and running across our attic. This length was perfect for running a 5 or 7 channel system. We have our front speakers bi-amped so it's more like a 7 channel system.
on May 1, 2013
This stuff is perfect for any type of theater install. Red and Black inner jacketing and soft outer white/green stripe jacketing. Cable looks like pure copper and very pliable and easy to work with. Cable is also numbered backwards from 500ft every foot, printed on the white jacketing. Spool inside makes it so you can pull the wire right out of the box easily. I was very pleased, but it's Monster so I would expect it to be great. Comparably priced to other high quality speaker wire.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on November 21, 2015
OK so maybe my hearing is not great but I believe there is less static and the flexible cable was much easier to run through the ceiling.
on June 21, 2014
Well made, high quality wire. Easy to work with, easy to strip, easy to pull. I love this wire. I even did a side by side comparison with audioquest type 4, and found no difference in sound quality.
on January 13, 2011
I got this to put several hundred feet of cable in the walls to wire up a 7.1 system using Aperion speakers and a Pioneer 1020 rcvr. Great price, easy to strip the wires, stiff enough to fish through existing walls but flexible enough to handle and attach to connecting plates. The spool makes it super easy to measure out 10's of feet at a time compared to smaller more expensive spools. Price per foot is excellent and it sounds great, the BluRay movies are shaking the house and the nuances of sounds moving around you is stunning. Note that the spool is about 18 inches high, much larger than it looks in the photo. Remember to measure twice and cut once, but if you do blow it there's lots of extra on the spool...
on April 19, 2010
I have been looking for in wall rated speaker wire for a long time, and these are one of the cheapest I have seen for 14 awg CL2 rated. I would never by name brands, but it is an extra perk to get Monster cable cheaper than some of the generics I have see. It comes in an easy to pull spool..
on December 19, 2014
Great cable which helps produce amazing high quality sound. The spool the cable came on is very user friendly and when pulling it through "Smurf" tubing it does not tangle like other cables I have used making it a one man job for pulling cable. I would definitely recommend this product.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.