Monster Turbine Pro Gold Audiophile In Ear Speaker with ControlTalk (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Pro speaker design with low mass, ultra-wide bandwidth driver for superior accuracy
- All-metal construction cancels unwanted resonance for pure sound
- Pro Sound Supertip with advanced construction provides maximum sound isolation
- Pro strain relief; rugged construction withstands heavy duty use
- MicroStrand conductors with ultra-low impedance for subtle detail and clear audio reproduction
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
If you like Jazz, somewhat less "look at me!" style, and are interested in a hard case with a Miles Davis CD, get the Tributes.
If you plan to use your iPhone / Android as your audio source, don't mind looking a bit flashy, and want to save a few bucks, get these.
I've been switching between these and the Tributes (as well as Shure SE535's) for the past three weeks, and through countless songs, the differences between the Turbine Gold and Miles Davis Tributes are so subtle, there's not a universal "This one has more bass, that one has better mids."
To be honest, unless these are on sale, you might want to consider getting the plain old Turbines. Having owned those as well, the dynamic range of the Pro Gold / Tribute models are better, but not enough to justify the price gap.
1) They're a heavy bunch. These are some seriously heavy IEM (In Ear Monitors). I used the supplied over the ear arms which attach to these at the base of the IEM's and that was the only way I could get these to sit properly. This leads to my second point.
2) The over-ear supports broke! Flimsy plastic which attaches to the IEM's snapped within a week of use.
3) Support. Monster seriously lacks in the support department. Hence why I use my B&W's a majority of the time. They're good to their customers. I've had to contact them almost 12x for my Beats headphones (which finally showed up from RMA after 6 months!) and again for the over ear support arms and it was the most ridiculous process in the world. Needless to say, I'd give them a 1/10 in this department.
4) They supply a ton of eartips for a good reason; it takes a lot of trial and error to get the right fit. Even then, I wasn't completely satisfied with how these sat in my ear.
5) Sound; these sound good, not great. Good for use with phones, but if you're looking for some serious sound, look at the ATH-CK10 or the Alpha's. Maybe even the B&W's.
Overall folks, not terribly impressed with these. I'm trying to sell them now but no takers. Wish me luck.
Unfortunately, the build quality is a HUGE deal breaker. My IEMs broke after one day of use. To try to make up for it, Monster has a lifetime replacement warranty for defects. The problem is, you will be sending these back so many times, the shipping costs will start to add up. Monster tries to sweeten the deal even further by offering a two-time replacement warranty for any reason. Yes, you can take a hammer, smash these IEMs to bits, and still get a brand new pair from Monster. Now this is a great policy! Still, it's not worth the effort to continually replace them. I returned mine for a refund.
As for the other features of the Turbine Golds, the ControlTalk buttons were easy to press. Also, all of the earbud sizes didn't fit me perfectly. Be warned that you may have the same issue. If you decide to get custom ear tips, you will be adding to the cost of these already-expensive IEMs.
All in all, sound quality is top of the line if you can get these at a discount. If you are willing to take a risk on the build quality and earbud size issues, then these are perfect for you. Otherwise, stay away.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Pros : Superb acoustic characteristics.
Cons: Rather weak. Body of earphones will easily disconnect from cord.
I would like to repair my ear phone which I bought on 2011. The product name is Monster Turbine Pro Gold Audiophile In Ear Speaker with ControlTalk. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
The best earphones I have used before in my entire life and had beaten my beats pro flat in terms of sound quality. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Dody
The wires going into the earphones short out very easily. Monster replaces them once and even with gentle use they shorted out within a month, now I'm screwed!Published 18 months ago by Tony Ballin
They sound really great and I gave them a second chance since my first pair broke down (lots of traveling). Read morePublished 20 months ago by Arturo Arredondo
Not worth 300. Torque headphones are the best that I've found. These sound amazing if you haven't heard Torque in ear.Published 21 months ago by cdg25
These things come on strong and make you feel like you made the right purchase. They sound great although they are somewhat pricey. Read morePublished on May 19, 2014 by Craig Knight
Best purchase ever, be aware of abuse the volume or this guys will destroy your ears!!!! Also try as many tips as you can, the sound will blow your mind when you find the right one... Read morePublished on January 31, 2014 by Jose Luis Cortez M.