Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 302 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 385 reviews
on June 23, 2014
These headphones are worth every penny!

I'm a sound engineer, who's constantly looking for the next best headphones. So, when I came across these headphines, I was instantly sold.

I love the sleek, black, "diamond looking" design. It makes a lasting physical impression. However, it is a fingerprint magnet, but no worries, because Monster ensured we had a microfiber cloth which certainly does its job!

Now, the sound. When I first placed these on my ear, almost 85% of all ambience were instantly shunned from my ears. I didn't know this was a noise cancelling/isolating headohine, so that was a plus in my book. Next, the highs, mids, and lows are pitch perfect! I hear each and every minute detail -- things I didn't always hear with other headphones. But, due to it's supreme sounding experience, don't crank the volume all the way for extended periods, because that could pose to be detrimental to your hearing, down the line.

Overall, I love these headphones!

Another great thing that I truly appreciate, is how a a rectangular shaped object on the 90° portion of the jack, causes it to stay in a fixed position to avoid deterioration amongst the plates.

Again, AWESOME headphones!
on July 31, 2014
I love these headphones! They were a bit smaller than I expected but they are great! Sounds strong and has a very awesome design. There is no volume up or down on the wire nor the headset its self so it's just at a set volume and you would have to lower it from your device. They feel awesome on the head and ear. The jack that goes into your device is an L shaped, it isn't straight, for those of you who are curious or concerned about that feature. But overall these are perfect for me. The box looks pretty sick and epic. Does have a travel case with it. And I must say again that the design is sick and looks better in person!!! Must buy.
on August 26, 2014
Great for comfortable noise isolation in active office environment when listening to music or podcasts. I tried using active noise canceling headsets, but they did nothing for the biggest nuisance at work: open conversations -- these do a much better job of blocking water cooler chatter even in close proximity. Very attractive -- I bought them in white to make them more clear I am wearing them while at my desk so as to discourage people talking to me while I have them on, but sometimes it fails in that respect because people disrupt me to just make the compliment of how nice they look! The cups are comfortable for hours, though I think I would have preferred over-ear fit a little more. The sound is good, but I'm no audiophile -- there are plenty of positive reviews here to describe the quality. That said, I would have liked a little more bass, which surprised me given the Monster reputation for relying too heavily on it. Another con: the remote is the old one-button type, meaning you can only answer calls, play, pause, skip, and (awkwardly) go back one track. Because of the strange design decision of making it triangular, it takes a little fumbling to figure out just what edge or surface it wants you to click.
on January 30, 2015
10 months later, here I am writing a review on this pretty great product. I had just had a bad experience with durability on a pair of soul by ludacris headphones so I was in need of another pair of higher end headphones. The vektrs' design really caught my eye and the Monster branding backed up its price. Upon picking up the box you notice that even the box is really high quality, it has substantial weight to it even when empty. The actual headphones simply feel like a solidly build piece of equipment. There is thick metal for the part where you adjust the size and beautiful earpads that keep their solid shape. I expected the sound to be on the overly bassy side because of Monster's beats series. The sound absolutely surprised me, its incredibly balanced. While it does cater the bass heads, it doesn't lose detail in the music. The removable cable has held up and is no where near needing a replacement. On the downside the cable only has a one button remote, but the built in mic does sound fine. The cse that's included could be better but its padded in the right spots and is well put together. Over all, of all the $100-$180 headphones I've bought this one is my favorite and I'd recommend it to just about everyone.
on March 20, 2017
These headphones had great sound quality at first, then the (already bad) aux cord literally just broke off, so i bought a new one, and then the right ear broke off after gentle use. Both ears have broken, and one doesn't even play music anymore. Don't buy these unless you plan on never using them.
on November 13, 2014
So I just got these and they are awesome. I mean, I walked through the office showing them to everyone because they are a work of art and the box they come in is snazzy too. They just look freaking awesome.

They are comfortable and they come with a carrying case and a cloth to keep them clean. I like that they are a cool shape and I like the black color, with the yellow stripe in the ear.

The cord is detachable, it's the perfect length for me to plug it into my desktop and listen to music. The sound is good as well. I tried them out by listening to "Tom Ford" by Jay Z. It sounded great and I don't think these are noise canceling, but I couldn't hear much when I had them on. They are pretty snug to the ear, in a good way.

I'm really glad I decided to purchase these headphones.

______________________________________________________
Update:

I wear these as I work and the hurt my hears after an hour or so. Also the top of my head gets sore from the band on top. But when I adjust it bigger they kind of sag off my ears. I still like them, but I don't love them.
on July 8, 2014
The headphones look great, and I feel good wearing them. However, I bought these on sale for a fraction of the original price. At the original market price, This product would not be worth it and should be invested in other headphones with the same price (ie. Bose for better sound quality).

I have a few problems with these headphones.
1) It hurts to use if you wear glasses since they press fairly hard on your ears to get the noise isolation effect. The back of the glasses end up digging into the back of your ears. That can become a problem during long sessions of use.
2) The cord that came with the headphones are not designed for devices that are potentially going to use cases that at all. My phone has a fairly small border that increases the overall thickness of the device. Because of that and the shape of the plug that goes into the device, the headphones can't connect to the device. I have to use a cord I got from a different product to go around this problem. If you have a device without a case or a very small, non-obstructive case, then this won't be much of a problem.

All-in-all, nice headphone design, no qualms about the sound quality, worth the price on sale but not at market price.
on April 2, 2014
Am not an audiophile, or the greatest writer, so I'll try to keep this short.

Will start with the angular design of the headphones. Not for everyone, which is totally understandable, but I love it. Reminds me of a stealth bomber; very futuristic looking yet laid back at the same time.

My previous headphones were the first-gen Beats Studios. I loved using those for the overpowering bass. I listen to a lot of rap, r&b and dub and the bass was great. However, that crazy bass was not well suited for other genres. I also enjoy listening to rock, classical, and various soundtracks. Songs that featured more of an instrumental and vocal presence sounded muddy with the Beats.

The Vektr alleviates that muddiness. Vocals, instruments, and everything in-between chimes in with crystal clearness. That's probably because the bass on the Vektrs, while good, are not as emphasized as they are on the beats. Instead, the bass on the Vektr lends a nice balance to the sound letting the mids and highs shine nicely.

In the end, some will prefer the stronger bass found on the Beats, which I can understand, but I enjoy the less muddy sound I get with the Vektr over the stronger bass I got with the Studios.
on June 23, 2014
When the Amazon package was delivered, I got all giddy like a kid on Christmas. I haven't had over the ear headphones in a long time and was so excited to try these out. The clarity is unreal. I'm cycling through genres right now, enjoying crisp hi-hats and deep bass lines. I strongly recommend these to any audiophile.

Don't even get me started on the style either. The sharp lines caught my eye as soon I opened them. It looks like I have a stealth fighter/Lambo sitting on my head, and I think that's freakin' awesome. Definitely gunna turn some heads with these.
on March 27, 2014
I received these headphones yesterday, and have been using them pretty much constantly.
First off, in my opinion, these are the best looking headphones I've ever seen.
Here are my quick pro's and cons.

Pros:
Great overall sound quality
Very unique design that looks very nice.
Very comfortable.
Mic has surprisingly good quality.
Cord is unique and rarely tangles.
Price. It's a steal for 89$.. Thank you Amazon!

Cons:
They push in, and can hurt your ears after around 40 minutes. (Just take 5 minute breaks every now and then).
Shiny edges smudge very easily. (They provided a cleaning cloth though).

Some things that surprised me:
- Smaller than depicted (Good thing, in my opinion)
- Cord is not revers-able! If you reverse it, the output sounds like crap for some reason! (Scared the hell out of me when I first tried these ;D)

Overall, if you're looking for stylish headphones with good sound quality for an awesome price... Buy these :D