|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $11.00 (73%)
Monster Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Dominic finds her and manipulates her life and forces her back into his life. However, Eden is different now. She's stronger, but he's still a 'monster' that has no control when it comes to getting what he wants from her. Soon Dominic begins to change, thanks to the little one they've created. His heart is slowly un-thawed. He wants her heart, but Eden has been through too much to give it to him again.
I didn't know how the author was going to pull off this story off with the beginning being so dramatic. She did, and she did a great job! I loved this story for the most part and it's worth reading because it's based in fiction but also a lot of real moments.
The author has an articulate style of writing
It was a journey for both the heroine and hero. They both grow.
Very hot sex scenes.
Alpha male(too much at times)
Neither was perfect.
Story flowed. A page turner.
Eden didn't just give in.
Eden gave him hell.
I'll definitely be reading this one again.
There's one really. I was disappointed by the editing. Way too many missed words for an editor to be attached to this book. I've read two other books by this author. I can't recall if the editing was like this. However, this author has talent, I love her verbiage. It's heads above most authors, but when you read a sentence and have to read it again because a word is missing that takes away from her work. So here we are...it's 4 STARS INSTEAD OF 5.
This book has a lot of potential, but the storytelling, so far, is disjointed and tell-y (it reads as if it is a very early draft). Instead of building tension with description and dialogue, the reader is told Dom the Dom is "brutal" and has been "horribly cruel" to his wife. Perhaps it's the author's chosen narration. I prefer 3rd person POV, but I've seen recently where it has not been used effectively. The distance the author has placed between the narrator and the MCs dulls the reception of the images.
There are other issues I have, but those revolve around editing. Primarily, the book starts too soon and quickly becomes repetitive.
For what it's worth, I think this is an intriguing set up. I'm going to continue reading because I'm anxious to uncover the real story.
I finished the book by listening to it through my screen reading app. My brain cannot not edit what I read, so I had to remove the words from my view in order to absorb the story being told.
Although the actual story was interesting, it took too long to get there. The author began to find her rhythm when Eden makes a decision, but it was still a bit too long to get to the meat of story.
At a little over 50% in is where things got interesting and the author seemed to catch her stride.
Disclaimer:I don't seek out books like this, it was red'd by a friend, so my expectations were low.
Dom the Dom's history surprised me. I love a solid, character-driven story with a lot of angst; revealing Dom's motivations gave the story what it had been missing thus far--heart.Read more ›
1. Ultra-strong alpha male
2. Dominic grew up in a dysfunctional family which resulted in him treating Eden poorly
3. Story of him growing from being someone who was a jerk to a loving person was a natural progression
Things I disliked:
1. I thought the relationship between Eden's friend Jenna and Eden continued to show how weak she was. Her so called friend tries to sleep with Dominic and besides Eden saying oh that was not cool, she continues to let Jenna watch her son? I felt Dominic grew as a person but Eden still was somewhat weak and accepting.
2. The book is too wordy. The author uses very descriptive words to describe what is going on but sometimes it lengthens the book and not at critical points. For example in one scene, the author writes "tasted the pungent acridness of that day like it was sustenance; it coated the walls of his mouth, slithered down his throat, and worked itself through his system, wrapping and constricting a hear that was as black as the night sky." For me that was a little bit too much description and she does that throughout the book but then rushes the ending which could have been drawn out more so that we could
have seen Dominic's progression and Eden's acceptance.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was one of the best books I read all year. Started off hard to get past but was worth it by the end.Published 1 month ago by DAVEN NOLDON
Holy sh*t I could not put this book down. Dom was such a pig in the beginning and I cringed at his cruelty towards Eden but damn I loved him by the second half and wanted them to... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Reader
I give this book three stars instead of two because I'm a fan of F. Phal. Had a hard time believing that a horrific guy would suddenly have an epiphany and turn into Mr. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Michele
Many people have love at first sight and some have Love that they have to work for . In this story it is a love that a man hurts a woman.... the woman walks a way..... Read morePublished 6 months ago by A'Smile
I could not put this book down! What thrilling characters! I was constantly conflicted by my love/hate relationship with the main character. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Jewls1980
I need more! This was well written relatable and honest. I need to know more about these delightful characters so going to buy another book by her.Published 10 months ago by contessanoir
So after reading the reviews for this story, I opted not to purchase three times. I purchased Flawed and good gravy what a brilliant decision I made! Read morePublished 12 months ago by Expresso
All I have to say is, Read this Book!!
Dominic is a sexy Alpha male with a lot of baggage. Eden is is young, strong, and confident wife that made Dominic change and fall in... Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > African American
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > African American
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Multicultural
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > African American
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Multicultural & Interracial