Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Monster High Picture Day Cleo De Nile Doll
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on November 30, 2012
This is probably the prettiest Cleo to date. Her hair isn't as flat as in the product pic; it's full and very long, with the turquoise under layer. It has gold threads in the black part too. Her outfit is vibrant blue, rather than the aqua-ish color she typically sports. And the clothes aren't tricky to keep looking nice on the doll (We have the Dawn of the Dance Cleo, and the outfit is attrocious, once played with.) This Picture Day outfit is fairly demure for Cleo. Love the deep blue lips. Her accessories are awesome (yes, there is a stand;). The clear plastic purse actually opens, and there is a folder. The Fear Book comes with stickers of her classmates. My daughter is over the moon with this version because of all of these aspects.
on April 2, 2013
Picture Day Cleo de Nile

Finally completed my collection of the picture day dolls! Now I have to wait patiently for wave two to hit the states, OK before I digress further, I'll get into the doll. Like all of the Picture Day dolls, Cleo comes with a stand, hairbrush, binder, purse and Fearbook.

This is actually my first Cleo, so I have no comparisons to offer on any of Cleo's other outfits. That being said I really love her Picture day ensemble. She has cute gold and blue wedge sandals on. The heels of the shoes have feather and Egyptian detailing that I'm quite fond of. Her knee-length leggings are metallic gold and black stripes, paying homage to her Mummy ancestry. Cleo's top is exceptional a tunic length, royal blue with metallic gold detailing, replicates mummy wrappings. Soft blue and gold gems printed onto the fabric, give the top a nice touch.

Cleo comes with minimal jewelry accessories. A gold belt with a black scarab buckle in the same detailing as her shoes accompanies a cuff bracelet with a similar design. My particular doll did not come with earrings, though I have heard rumors that some of the picture day Cleo's did come with scarab earrings of some kind. No necklace of any kind adorns Cleo's neck which makes me slightly sad.

On an up note, Cleo's translucent blue purse has a beautiful gold scarab design on both sides. The purse also opens for play. Her gold Binder has feather detailing and will hold all of her Screamology homework, as it too opens for play.

Cleo's wig is thick and full with her trademark black and gold hair covering an underlay of turquoise. Her bangs are heavily hair sprayed but the rest of her wig is easily brushed and restyled after unpacking.

Overall a lovely doll to own!!
review image review image review image review image
on December 30, 2013
My daughter loves it. Perfect for her. I rate it 4 stars though because the hair isn't as great in my opinion as her other monster high dolls hair is. One of the gold hair pieces broke off right away. Other than that it is a good barbie for any girl. My 5 year old don't really care about the hair like I do! ha!
on January 22, 2013
This was the only place I could find the new Picture Day series of Monster High dolls and the price was reasonable too
on March 12, 2014
This doll was my first Monster High doll and for a while was my favorite. Cleo de Nile is my favorite series, and I probably have more of her than any other character. The Picture Day series is also nice, since they are designed to just look good and emphasize their motifs. Cleo is designed to be very pretty, and I love Egyptian mythology, so she works out nicely for me. Her color scheme is blue, gold, and black, just like the ancient pharaohs. Her hair is black with gold, shiny streaks that are mostly in the front. Her under layer is teal; if you look at her from the back, you really only see the teal popping out at the bottom; it is much more prominent when you look at her from the front. Even her bangs have an under layer of teal. I love her colored hair, so I am a fan of this hair style. Her bangs are cut straight and her hair is straight but voluminous and falls to her butt. Her eyeshadow has the Eye of Horus design in black, then gold, then a blue line, and then gold up to her eyebrows and on her lower eyelids. Her lipstick is blue. She, of course, has he light blue gem on her right cheek.

She is wearing a blue dress. The dress has stripes of black, shiny gold, and light blue. There are gold and light blue gems in the pattern. She has sleeves that go down to her elbows. She is wearing black and shiny gold striped leggings that end right below her knees. She is wearing a thick, gold belt molded with an ornate design that I think is supposed to look like feathers. There is a black scarab with gold wings above the buckle. She is wearing blue and gold shoes. The heel is gold and looks like bricks (think pyramid) and feathers (think wings). Her foot is strapped to the shoe with blue strips. She has a clear, teal purse with a gold scarab on the front.

Overall, I really like this doll. I love how her hair looks. I love that her makeup pays homage to pharaoh makeup. Her outfit is somewhat simple (as all the Picture Day ones are), but still looks cute. Overall, I would recommend her.
on July 20, 2013
This Mummy's little girl is gorgeous. As a lover of Khemet ( the old name of ancient Egypt ), I was instantly drawn to Cleo, my favorite monster.

She is the proud and noble daughter of an ancient king who sometimes struggles to be a good friend to the other ghouls of Monster High. In the end, though, her innate goodness comes through, and she continues to learn and grow as a character.

Of all the ghouls, she is the most exotic and elegant, featuring designs and motifs in keeping with her illustrious heritage.

The only problem with Cleo - and this is an ongoing problem with many dolls in this franchise - is availability. How is it that one of your core ghouls is relegated to what amounts to chase figure status?

I have been in the MH market for just under a year. In that time, I have seen less than 10 Cleos on the store shelves. Compare this with many hundreds each of Clawdeens, Draculauras, Frankies, Lagoonas, Abbeys, Ghoulias and even secondary characters like Spectras, Operattas, and Howleens. This makes ZERO sense.

But at least her availability is better than all the boys dolls, which are basically non-existent in the non-secondary market, which tends to price these toys completely out of reach for most potential customers.

This is doubly frustrating, as Mattel seems to be able to pump out dozens of new MH assortments and now a new sister line. Perhaps they should deal with existing demand shortfalls before introducing tons of new items.

Mattel could be forgiven for getting caught flat-footed when the Monster High monster hit struck like sudden freak lightning. But they've had enough time to respond, and they have failed to do so. Instead, they continue to rely upon fan-driven viral marketing to churn up and perpetuate a frothy hype and hysteria. It's about the most crass and cynical marketing I've seen. And I seen a lot.

C'mon, Mattel. You can do better than this. I mean, you don't currently even have a Monster High link on your corporate site. Sheesh! Instead of using young teenage girls on Youtube to stir up viral hype for you, publish a list of what will be available, where, and when. It's called customer service. Try it some time.
on February 18, 2013
This product was every thing that my 8 year old daughter had hoped for. It also came earlier than we had anticipated which of course she thought was awesome. We really couldn't ask for anything more. Thank you!
on March 28, 2014
This doll is my favorite Cleo doll. There are 2 main problems, the first is that when you take the doll out of the box, her hair is very hard. To get right you have to brush it for a long time. The other problem is that the gold strands in her hair come out very easily. I love this doll still though. A great doll to add to your collection.
on May 29, 2014
i am not able to shop as much as i would love to, so i find that shopping online is the best....i bought these monster high dolls
for my grandbabies and they simply love them. my granddaughters love dolls and really play with their dolls everyday...
on September 16, 2013
The "Picture Day" Cleo De Nile is one of the most beautiful Monster HIgh Dolls. She really is gorgeous! In my opinion, she is better than the original. Very pretty face, makeup and eyes; her clothing is modest but fashionable with her signature Egyptian style. I am thinking about purchasing another one to keep in the box, she'll be highly sought after soon.