Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 5, 2013
This is a cute and fun way to begin discussing the idea of manners with children. The book is funny and can lead to activities like writing your own book on classroom or household manners. I think this lends itself well to follow-up activities. I think I would recommend this book for PreK-G1.
on September 14, 2015
Exactly what I was looking for! Love IT!!!
on July 16, 2014
A cute way to review rules and natural consequences. Rules are not extremely defined. You need to help young students understand what the monsters are doing right and wrong.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 9, 2007
Monster Manners

This book really caught both my twins attention. The monsters are funny and not scary. We can laugh about the bad choices some monsters made and talk about the good choices they sometime made - just like we make good and bad choices with our manners every day.
on June 11, 2000
Quick, name the most unmannerly group of characters on earth. No, besides a bunch preschoolers overdue for a nap. Monsters, right? According to Bethany Roberts, even monsters have manners sometimes. This book, written in verse, shows monsters at their worst and at their best. For example, "They might be very messy, / and leave things where they drop. / But they sometimes clean their rooms / and dust and scrub and mop." Every activity the monsters do is something kids can relate to, such as tearing up toys on bad manners days, and happily putting them away and repairing the broken ones on good manners days. Andrew Glass's monsters are warm and fuzzy. No need to worry about nightmares from this book. In fact, these monsters are an awful lot like little kids, who may sometimes forget their manners, but sometimes they don't.
on May 10, 2012
These adorable, silly monsters are both naughty and sweet, like my two-year-old. She loves reading about their antics and I love that they also demonstrate how to cooperate and share. My daughter now talks about cooperating and sharing and shouts, "I'm cooperating, I'm cooperating!" to indicate she's done misbehaving.
on March 5, 2001
Like a spoonful of sugar, this fun book on manners makes lessons go down with giggles. With lots of monster exaggeration ("spaghetti sauce on our hair is nice", "stop eating my socks!"), these monsters portray typical etiquette and behavior situations that children encounter. They say please, thank you, and excuse me, return borrowed items, pick up their toys, do their chores, bathe, and exibit good sportsmanship. Sometimes they forget their manners and gobble and grab; sometimes they remember and politely pass the peas. Sometimes they quarrel; sometimes they hug. The illustrations of three lovable, silly monsters are colorful and playful and provide lots of visual humor. In the classroom, this book can be a springboard for discussion or for role-playing good and bad manners. This book is a hit with kids!
on June 19, 2001
This book is so cute and the illustrations are really wonderful. It is an easy read and your 5-6 year olds will soon pick up the words. It is my 3 1/2-year-old and 5-year-old's favorite book.
I believe that this book will mean as much to them when they are adults, as Three Billy Goats Gruff means to me. It is a fun read when you change your voice. I really enjoy it myself. Never boring no matter how many times you read it to them, and it teachs a great lesson to boot.