|Manufacturer||Monster & Master|
|Item Weight||2.12 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||11.93 x 9.8 x 7.8 inches|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)|
|Style||MM-WH-001 2X-Large View Area|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium Manganese Dioxide|
Monster & Master Large Viewing Screen Auto Darkening Welding Helmet, 4 Arc Sensor Wide Shade, MM-WH-001
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Comfortable To Wear. The design of the helmet conforms to ergonomic principles, and provides ample internal space, which makes it easy to operate and comfortable to wear.
- Fully Protects. The helmet material is of soft texture but is strong and durable. It is resistant to corrosion, and both high and low temperatures. It is flame-retardant and light-proof. The helmet will fully protect your face, neck, ears, etc. Engineered with liquid crystal of high quality and optical coating to protect against ultraviolet and infrared rays (level of protection: DIN16).
- Automatic Transform Technology. The original design of automatic transform technology makes it possible for the goggles to detect and react in 1/10000s to reduce strong light. As a result, it can protect the eyes from being injured by sudden electric arc discharge.
- Anti-interference Design. Unique design anti-interference switch avoids not seeing welding object clearly due to complex surrounding nearby.
- Multi-purpose Design. With cutting, grinding function. Suitable for automotive, construction, and food and beverage manufacturing, metal production and fabrication, military maintenance, repair and operation (MRO), as well as for mining, oil and gas, transportation industries, and etc.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
In 2019, the Monster & Master brand was established. In order to provide customers with more choices and a better service experience, the brand provided more than a hundred high-quality tools.
3.94" X 3.27" Large Viewing Solar Power Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
The True Color Technology upgrade to Monster & Master welding helmets – improves visibility and reduces eye strain by minimizing the traditional lime green coloring in the helmet view screen.
- Effectively avoid eye irritation caused by strong light and protect vision.
- Superior comfort with the pivot style headgear.
- Increased battery life.
- Great for TIG MIG MMA.
High flexibility, Strong impact resistance.Corrosion and high temperature resistance.
Lightweight and Comfortable
Whole hood is design with light weight,has luxury and unique headgear,so you will wear it more comfortably.
Headgear with comfort cushion provides extensive adjustability, settings, and improved support for better fit and comfort.
|Active Viewing Area||100×83mm（3.94×3.27in）||98×55mm（3.86×2.17in）||92.5×42.5mm（3.64×1.67in）|
|Dark Shade||DIN5～DIN9/ DIN9～DIN13||DIN5～DIN9/ DIN9～DIN13||DIN9～DIN13|
|Way to shift Dark State||Outer , stepless shift||Outer control, stepless shift||Stepless shift|
|Power supply||Lithium battery&Solar supply||Lithium battery&Solar supply||Lithium battery & Solar supply|
|Replaceable Lithium Battery||YES||YES||NO|
|Sensors to Weld Arc||4||4||2|
Compare with similar items
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I like the huge viewing area and there's more than enough room inside to wear your glasses if you need them. It's more durable than I expected and the hood stays up when I want it. Adjusting the shade from 9 to 13 is done by a large knob on the outside of the hood. The knob seems looser at the higher and lower ends and tighter in the middle. It might be rubbing on something and it's not that big of an issue.
I pushed the "test" button expecting the LED light to come on and it didn't. My mistake, test button makes the shade go dark on demand, and I think the LED only comes on when battery is low. Before figuring out it was my mistake, I looked at the battery. If I have any complaint it's about getting to the battery. The booklet doesn't even explain it. You have to remove the entire lens assembly from the hood first, but you cannot completely take it out because it's connected to the hood's shade knob via a wire. Then you have to remove a plastic frame from the lens assembly. Only then can you slide out the battery. It wouldn't be so clumsy if that short length of wire allowed you more maneuverability. Perhaps completely taking off the head band would give better access and clearance.
I did some low amperage DC TIG brazing with the shade set to 9 and was able to see the arc and puddle. Then I did some higher amperage stick welding with the shade set to 13 and everything worked well. This is my first auto-darkening hood so I have nothing to compare, but I had no trouble with performance while test welding. I will update this review as needed in the future.
-Has a nice sleek look
-Harness is fairly comfortable and it's light weight
-Shade control knob is external making it easy to adjust on the go.
-Large viewing window
-Budget friendly and fairly feature packed.
-Takes a non standard coin cell battery instead of the normal AAA although they do supply a spare.
-Helmet feels small or narrow when you have it on.
- Window seems slightly too close to the face when down which creates sort of a tunnel vision affect which kinda makes the large view useless.
- Last negative which is the biggest con for me is I'm not sure what they mean by this new clear screen technology they speak of but this lense is more tinted and harder to see through than my cheap miller helmet whether welding or just looking through it normal. If you don't want to burn your eyes out when welding you pretty much have to have the shade cranked up to max, and then it's so dark you can't even see where you're welding and if you lighten the shade in order to see the weld line clearly the shade is not dark enough to protect your eyes making this helmet rather useless. All in all it's not bad if you're on a budget and just need a decent welding helmet but if I had it to do over again I would just spend the extra cash and get a quality helmet, you'll thank me later.
By shawn on December 7, 2020