Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Monster Ncredible Ntune On-Ear Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 1, 2013
I really enjoy this pair of headphones! I also own the Beats by Dre Solo and SOL Tracks by SOL Republic. The NTUNES are very light, but produce BIG bass. They're very comfortable to wear over extended periods of time. If you're thinking about purchasing these headphones, I assure you; YOU won't be disappointed! They've very light and produce the amount of bass as Dre Beats and SOL Republic headphones.
VINE VOICEon April 7, 2013
Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm not a connoisseur of high fidelity sound, one of those folk in an endless search for some apparently non-existent ability to produce perfect sound. It can take me a week to notice someone has adjusted the stereo in my car so that that the bass is almost entirely missing. That having been said, I think the sound from these headphones is great. I mostly listen to show tunes, jazz, and instrumentals, and, while I do probably turn the volume up more than I should, it certainly isn't enough to challenge these earphones.

The problem that I had was that I couldn't ever seem to adjust them so that they didn't pinch my ears somehow. I do have a large hat size, but, still... The bigger issue, though, is that the plastic "cushion" over the ears becomes very sweaty and clammy after wearing for any time at all. So they are good for short-term use -- listening to the audio on a you-tube video without bothering an office mate, for example -- but not for longer-term listening.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon April 25, 2012
Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I spend a lot of time wearing headphones, usually for noise cancellation but also for listening to music. I was unaware that Monster made headphones (I have favored Sennheiser for many, many years) and I was eager to try the NCredible NTune phones and to compare them with the best set of headphones I own - a pair of Sennheiser PXC-450 noise canceling headphones. The Monster phones compared extremely well - much better than I ever imagined.

I will just refer to these as Monster phones from here forward, for simplicity.

The Monster phones are very lightweight though they seem to be quite durable. I was a little concerned when I took them out of the box because they look small and flimsy, but they are actually well made and I believe they will stand up to daily use quite well. The styling is very aesthetically pleasing as well, with very smooth contours and dark colors that don't "pop".

These are on-ear phones, not over-the-ear phones and this is important to remember. Most on-ear phones tend to be slightly uncomfortable to me, either fitting not quite right or having hard pads that eventually get uncomfortable after a period of time. The Monster phones don't give me the same issue, though, and are quite comfortable. The pads are soft enough to counter the smaller can size.

I did a side-by-side comparison of the Monster and Sennheiser phones for sound (not considering the noise cancellation feature of the Sennheiser cans). I was absolutely floored - the Monster headphones simply sound better than the Sennheiser phones which cost almost 3 times as much. The difference is in the midrange. I have always been pleased with the sound the Sennheiser cans deliver across the spectrum, but when I played the same track through the Monster phones after listening to the Sennheiser phones I was stunned with how much fuller and richer the music sounded.

The Monster phones are advertised as having good bass and this is absolutely true. What is not advertised, though, is that the highs and midrange are also excellent. It is hard to find a good set of phones that get all three ranges right, especially in this price range.

I subjected the Monster phones to a very brutal critic - my teenage son, who spends more time listening to music than I do. He loves all kinds of music, but he especially loves metal and techno. It did not take him long at all to rave about the Monster phones and how good they sound. Coming from him, this is very high praise.

Other reviewers have commented that these phones are a little overpriced. I cannot say that I agree with that. These are good headphones and are, in my experience, better than average. In fact, depending on what you're looking for, these can outperform much more expensive phones. I primarily use active noise canceling phones in very noisy environments, but these Monster phones are great for quieter settings.
on February 18, 2013
Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Well, right out of the box, I thought these headphones looked cool. I can't complain about the aesthetics. Probably my biggest complaint is the comfort. You can tell from the picture that ear pieces are circular, which was probably done to give these headphones a distinct look and to set them apart. The problem with making them circular is that human ears are oval, and so they cut into your ear. Even my small girl ears. After an hour or two they become quite uncomfortable. You can also tell from the picture that the top of the headband portion is heavily padded, more so than a lot of other headphones. As if comfort were a goal, and yet they failed so hard. When it comes to audio, I'm no expert, but I know what I like. They sound very bass heavy. I like music with a lot of bass, so that's not too for me. At first when you put the headphones on and hear just how bass heavy they are, it's pretty jarring. Most people know how to adjust the setting on whatever device they're listening from in order to give it more bass if that's what they're wanting. Overall, I'd recommending skipping these in favor of something else.
on January 24, 2014
Yes they were a little cheaper then the beats. My 12 yr old said they don't come close so I kept them to mow the yard. Just opened them and was confused. The box states and shows "In-line mic with controls for ...". Next line states "Also inside/" and shows what was actually inside. The "In-line mic" described and pictured were no where to be found. In my younger days I purchased and sore by Monster products. I guess they lost their quality and honest advertising. They will work for mowing but they are of my list just for misleading information on the box.
VINE VOICEon April 25, 2012
Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm old enough to remember the invention of the Walkman - and how stunned I was to put the earphones on for the first time and hear that shocking clarity and quality of sound I'd never heard when listening to music before, even through headphones. This many years later I was expecting a comparable experience with the much touted Monster NCredible NTune Headphones. I was to be disappointed. While they're comfortable enough, there was nothing impressive, let alone outstanding, about the music they delivered. I tried them on my stereo, my computer, my IPad and my IPod. My best description is to say the music was missing that amazing gift top-notch headphones bring to the ear - where you feel like you're hearing instruments and inflections you've never heard before when 'merely' listening to the radio or a CD.
A slightly muffled, slightly distant blur of music is what the Monster delivers.
My 13 year nodded in appreciation when I had her take a listen -- but then she's not that far beyond headphones and earbuds designed for children. At over a hundred dollars these are priced way too high IMO for kids -- but simply don't deliver the kind of quality they promise for adults. Also note, they're not wireless and there's no optional controls for adjustment so what you get is all you get. Or hear.
on November 21, 2014
Worst ever. Paid big bucks and they are broken after light to normal use, within 1 year. Plastic Headband broke after taking them off. I'm 50 years old, so it's not like I abuse them. I have a pair of Sony's that I used in College and they are still going strong. Stay away from Monster headphones. I would never buy them again.
Color: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is my second set of Monster headphones, I also have used the Lady Gaga Heartbeats, and I must say I'm pleased with this brand and it's quality. These headphones arrived well-packaged, they would make an excellent gift for the young music-lover especially. They're mostly comfortable to wear, except the very top of them where it sits on my head will bother me if I don't extend them further. (However, my husband said the top part didn't bother him at all, so go figure, I guess it's just me. And no, I don't have a large head.)

But when it comes to sound quality, I'm really not the person to ask. I don't have "an ear" for those sorts of things (I'm Little Miss Visual, not Audio) so I took these headphones to my husband--who just happens to work in the audio/video industry and has designed sound systems for famous musicians (yes, you've heard of them, no I'm not naming names). My husband has a pretty good ear for sound quality and knows the terminology so I had him listen to some different songs and give me his opinion as to what he'd say about them. He said the following, "Over all the sound quality is very good. The bass is strong [which he says is typical of Monster], but there isn't a heavy boominess. They have flat tone response [which is good, according to him, not too much bass], and are soft on top [which supposedly is talking about high notes not being too bright and such, and this usually means the sound is not as "fatiguing" as "bright" headphones/speakers would be]." Since he works in this industry, he says these headphones seem to be very much geared toward teens and young adults, they have an urban feel. Other things my husband noted was that they are comfortable for being "on ear" headphones and they have pretty good isolation, especially considering they're not over the ear style. I have to agree with this, they block out noise pretty well!

The control talk feature is pretty cool, it also pauses and has a few extra features. The cord can be removed from the headset which is great if it gets damaged, you won't have to buy a whole new pair. The design is a little hip and youthful for me, they stick out a lot and are a pretty glossy black with a few red & silver accents.

I would definitely recommend these headphones, especially if you're looking for a pair to gift to someone, I think they'd be a great choice.
on October 15, 2014
I enjoyed the sound quality of the headphones. The bass is great!
The drawback is they really pinch your ears when you wear them so it hurts to use them for more than ten minutes.
They are also flimsy and broke in two places when I took them off. They lasted about nine months with little use.
Superb sound quality, pitiful design.
on February 11, 2013
My son swears it sounds like he is in front of the musicians or inside the video game and this teen is fussy on his sound quality for music, TV and games.