Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 23, 2015
2 thumbs way up from my 3 year old! This movie not only captivates small children, but has a major re watch factor ( always good to have a movie like that waiting in the wings ). In addition I find the film quite enjoyable myself, a HUGE plus! Nothing worse than your child watching a movie you can't stand over and over..:

Furthermore my love of this movie is predominately based on the nuances and hidden morals embedded in the plot. I won't put any spoilers in here, but essentially Mike Wysowski proves that you can accomplish anything with the right amount of heart and hard work. Also he learns that sometimes we don't always end up where we set out to go, but we always end up where we were meant to be.
on September 24, 2016
Quite frankly, I love this movie. It may be even better than Monsters, Inc., but only because I found the 'baby talk' of Boo annoying.
This is a perfect back story to help us love the characters of Sully and Mike even more (if that is possible). Great story line, great voice acting, top of the line cgi, laugh out loud humor, heartwarming story without the sappy ending - make this one for buying for a collection - albeit a digital one.
Kudos on a fantastic film.
Great for kids and adults alike - can be watched before or after Monsters, Inc
on April 17, 2015
This movie is so cute it is fun for the whole family. Good for adults and kids of all ages. This is defiantly one movie you need to have in your collection. My family and I have watched this movie over and over. The one liners in it is awesome so adults will really enjoy this. I really hope they make another one in the monster series.
on October 30, 2017
This movie just wasn't as funny as we thought it would be. After the first Monsters movie, my family was expecting a lot more.
on November 17, 2013
Really unusually for a second movie of a series, I thought that this was a much stronger story than the first one. Watching Mike and Sulley act like jerks is a little painful after having gotten attached to them from Monsters Inc., but since the story is essentially how they get over it, make friends, and grow up a little, I think it's a worthwhile price to pay.

Most situations and side-characters varied from amusing to hilarious, and you get to see a little more of how the monster world works. There's still a bunch of excitement and action, but it seemed more character-driven and purposeful compared to the sometimes hapless running around of the first movie.

If, like me, you think you know what to expect from standard college coming-of-age stories, dream-chasing stories, or even from a story that has to end up as the world you see in Monsters Inc... this movie will throw you at least three or four serious curveballs. But each one just makes the movie better.
on February 13, 2015
Fantastic Movie. I really liked the movie, and I'm hoping my daughter will as well. She really liked Monster's Inc and I'm confident she will like this too. I think its just a little under the original. I think there was a great new idea with Monster's Inc and it was an amazing new concept. There are a few discrepancies in the movies...in the 1st one Mike says to Sully something about him doing that since the 4th grade.....but come along to University and they meet in college...not that it matters, but there are a few little things. I don't believe most kids will catch them...but I'm trying to be critical...To finish up, I really loved the movie and I'm sure you will too...its a lot of family fun
on February 13, 2014
I guess I could live without knowing the backstory of Sully and Mike, but this movie provides their failed attempt at university life and getting over petty differences so their friendship could bloom. Sure, there are lots of gags and humor that adults would enjoy on a different level from kids, but the whole thing was so predictable. I like how they tied things up at the end so that it runs right into Monsters, Inc. storyline. I guess I'm just not enjoying this as much as the original Monsters movie.

One glitch I experienced was with the Dolby HD audio. The HD audio was mixed so high (volume) that it triggered the safe mode on my Sony amp/receiver several times during intense scenes. I didn't have the volume cranked up and no other blu-ray does this, so it must be an issue with the blu-ray. I switched the audio to Dolby Digital and it was fine, but what's the point?
on November 2, 2017
Awesome movie my kids love it and the colors and animation is great i would highly recommend this movie.
on November 27, 2013
Great film. I really liked this "prequel". Well worth the buy. That said, I watch Amazon Streaming using my Roku player. When I watch it that way, there are no bonus features attached to the video (or at least none that I can find). They seem to be there when I load it in Firefox on my PC (the video length appears much longer), but I prefer to watch movies on the old 42 inch set. Any ideas?
on October 31, 2013
This is probably closer to a 4.5 star flick, but I was a HUGE fan of the original. Given that logic, Monsters Inc was a 5 for me and I felt like this was not quite on that same level. It's got the classic Pixar formula (some action, humor, the heartwarming lesson) with the same characters (as well as a nice spattering of new ones) from the original movie set in their college years. Overall, it works. It's entertaining from an adult perspective as well as for the kids (mine go from early teen to two). Fans of Monsters Inc. as well as new fans will appreciate this movie.

With respect to the package itself, I like to opt for the Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy option as we generally watch Blu-ray at the house, I can use the DVD in the car system, and then the digital copy on the laptop or tablet. I went with the iTunes variant, but it was also available through a few other options (amazon, google play, and one more).