Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Monsters Eat Whiny Children
Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 27, 2017
My 4 year old granddaughter had started to whine a lot, and I saw this book. Wasn't sure which way it was going to go; if she would embrace the book or reject it. But she LOVES THIS BOOK. It is a cute story, and the children never really get harmed. I've been careful not to verbally connect this with her whiny behaviors so she wouldn't feel badly or criticized. However, it seems she has made the connection between whiny behaviors in general and their inappropriateness, because she rarely whines anymore. This book has become one of her favorite bedtime stories.
5 people found this helpful
on June 19, 2011
I really was intending my kids to be scared when I read this book to them because they whine A LOT. It started off good and I could tell my 4 year old was a little worried. We had to stop reading a few pages in because we had to be somewhere. My daughter kept asking when we were going to finish the book - she was concerned that the kids weren't going to make it. I should have never finished it because during those few hours when there was that uncertainty, my life was bliss. The book is cute and entertaining and the title alone makes people laugh.
38 people found this helpful
on January 20, 2016
Excellent, unusual and enjoyable. Unique illustration style. Infinitely amusing and just scary enough to get a toddler's attention. Includes some bigger words to expand your kid's vocabulary. Use caution when giving as a gift to children whose parents have no sense of humor.
4 people found this helpful
on August 31, 2017
Super disappointed with this book!!! Basically it's a fight between the husband monster and his wife about what to eat! They don't even eat the kids! LAME!
3 people found this helpful
on November 15, 2017
I bought this as a sort-of-prize for a friend's baby shower, where we played a game called "The Ball of Happiness", which involved all of the women gathering around a giant ball of bubble-wrapped, duct-taped goodies and attempting to pull items loose and unravel the ball to get the most prizes. This book was a huge hit, the mom who pulled it out of the ball of happiness laughed instantly and thought it was brilliant.

I did read the book before wrapping it up as a prize for the game, and found that the ending is lovable, and I honestly felt that it wouldn't psychologically-scar whichever child would end up reading it.
One person found this helpful
on August 29, 2014
I love this book, its very well written. As someone who hates all the PC nonsense that kids get exposed to these days it was nice to read a story that didn't involve everyone making friends and being perfect at the end. I think I might like reading this book more than my daughter.
3 people found this helpful
on May 19, 2018
Cute! A little wordy and over the my 3.5 year olds head but still cute
on May 26, 2016
This was such a fun book! I read it to my 4 year old grandson, and we laughed through it! He liked the illustrations, and the silly ways to prepare "whiney children meals"! I had to read it again! Great!
on February 20, 2018
This is a super cute book with a lesson and still a fun story that caught my 5 year old's attention.
on January 19, 2017
My youngest, whose 7, is a conic whiner. After reading him the book i just mention the monsters and he'll go from winning to laughing
One person found this helpful