- File Size: 1844 KB
- Print Length: 176 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Fenric Books; 1 edition (October 5, 2015)
- Publication Date: October 5, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0169AQVH0
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#569,360 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #956 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Paranormal, Occult & Supernatural
- #970 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Scary Stories
- #2778 in Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Spine-Chilling Horror
|Print List Price:||$7.99|
Save $5.00 (63%)
A Monstrous Place (Tales From Between Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this not being able to put it down after starting. The mix up of a young girl being a hero and the monsters being the least likely people made for an enjoyable read. Molly is tough but even she needs some help along the way and her pick of the former military man from next door works perfect and is even good for bringing a laugh or two to the darkness of the story.
A read that will be enjoyed by a bit older child with a different take on good vs evil and who is who.
A Monstrous Place tells the story of Molly, a young girl who finds herself caught in a nightmarish world, as her friends and neighbours start to go missing. After a visit from her grandmother's ghost, she must enter the world between awake and asleep to thwart the evil plans of those responsible.
What follows is a beautifully creepy tale brimming with vivid and macabre imagery. Stott's alternate supernatural world is stylishly constructed and populated with all manner of ghoulish characters, each more terrifying than the last, and as Molly makes her way through this hellish world, we see her character develop and adapt quickly to her new surroundings, determined to undermine the threat to her and her family at any cost.
Molly's still a child however, and thankfully it's not lost in the narrative, her sense of wonder and naiveté pushes her ever-forward, often to her peril as she tends to wander into all the wrong places.
A Monstrous Place is one of those gems that is becoming all too rare these days in indie publishing. It's a cleverly-constructed and superbly-written tale that's not for the faint of heart, but for those who like a scare at bedtime, you'll not find better.
I 💖LOVED💖 it!!!
When I was reading "A Monstrous Place" I liked how it had that sense of happiness and at the same time they're using all the other emotions at the same time and that affected the story and brought a new element to the table
I would say that the scariness rating for this book would be about 3 - 4.
I recommend this book to people about 7 years and all above.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Magic
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Spine-Chilling Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Paranormal, Occult & Supernatural
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Scary Stories