Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 227 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 347 reviews
on August 18, 2013
I researched blenders before deciding on this one. I read and ignored the bad reviews. I was very pleased with the construction of the blender and it looked great on my kitchen counter. A good friend has been using hers to make the most wonderful almond milk. The first two smoothies were perfect and took less than 1 minute (as per recipe book). However, my third attempt was a different story. After about 30 sec. it smelled burned and was kicking out black metal pieces from it's base. I turned it off, picked it up, and saw what looked like charcoal pieces all over my counter! Very frustrating!
Thank goodness for the Amazon return policy! I packed it up and noticed the original packaging stated a lifetime warranty on the motor. Really??????? That was a very short lifetime. I'm sending it back today and will do a little more researching before I purchase my next blender. I won't ignore bad reviews anymore.

Such a sad day........since I donated my old and am now blenderless.
on September 1, 2014
It's been 11mo since I purchased this blender and overall I have been very satisfied. I use it an average of once per day for smoothies. I blend frozen fruit normally with vegetables, and rarely use ice or whole frozen strawberries.

Whole frozen strawberries are very hard, and present a challenge to even this very powerful blender. Usually there will be a few marble sized frozen chunks left after blending them even for 2mins on 4 (1/2 power). Could I blend it more...sure...but it starts to heat the mixture if you blend too long. I mean, there is even a way to cook soup in this thing. So, not wanting a warm fruit smoothie, I just deal with a few frozen strawberry marbles. However, when I use sliced or fresh strawberries it's not an issue. Veggies I have run thru it are always fresh such as broccoli, butternut squash, spinach, kale, etc. It produces a true 100% pulverized smoothie, not a chunkfest of yard clippings that is hard to swallow (frozen strawberries notwithstanding).

There is IMO a design flaw of the lack of ability to disassemble the blades from the pitcher, like most blenders on the market. Because you can't remove the blades, it is a little harder to clean. Normal cleaning is blending water and soap in the pitcher...and sure that works ok. But because I use a lot of frozen blueberries, there is a permanent stain on the "stainless" steel blades, which I can't get 100% clean.

The biggest problem is that a couple of weeks ago the blades seized up, and, I have to get a new pitcher. I have seen a couple on Ebay and for other models, but not for my JLA-8. The replacement pitchers appear in the parts and accessories page of the Health Master website, for $80...so this is not a trivial problem or expense. This model is (as I write this) is on sale for $118...I believe I paid $108 for mine here on Amazon last year...so now I'm looking at an $80 or $120 decision, unless I can find on one ebay.

Would I buy this blender again? Not sure...weighing options. It handles the frozen fruit pretty well, and completely pulverizes greens and veggies. I think it's a very solid product. Perhaps a newer model has resolved the issues I have seen.
on July 17, 2013
I have had this blender for a month and have used it every day to make green smoothies. The thing about the HeathMaster is, it is NOT a vitamix or a blendtec... so don't treat it that way. Despite what the infomercial says, it will not crush concrete... so don't try, it will break. The motor is not as strong as the more expensive blenders, so if that is what you need, save your money and buy one of those. With all that said, I am very happy with the HeathMaster blender. I am giving it a 4 star review because based on other reviews I am afraid to see what it can really do in fear of it breaking. There for it's more work than it could be. Once you learn how this blender works you can do pretty much anything with it. Use the ice crush feature for anything hard, not just ice. Make sure there is some liquid in the blender. Cut up carrots don't put them in whole, same with apples and other hard foods. If you treat this blender like you would a cheap one in terms of cutting up food first, you will find that it can do a lot more than a regular blender. It blends green smoothies perfectly. In all I am very happy with my purchase.
on September 22, 2013
So noisy I had to put in the garage. Worked well for 4 months... I only made smoothies. Month four, there started a very high pitch squeal... Looking into the life time warranty... you have to pay to ship and then pay to ship back... almost $60.00. This is for every repair. Rip off, so disappointed that I paid so much for this blender. I love Amazon but they are no help after 1 month.
on August 22, 2016
After almost 3 years the blender stated smoking and stop working completely, but the good thing about this I called the customer service from Healthmaster (973-287-5170) and they going to send me a new blender, oh and they said this product had been discontinued. And that's sad because the blender was amazing.
on February 26, 2014
Holy cow does this sucker work great! We started make "green smoothies" everyday for breakfast. They consist primarily of kale, spinach, bananas, carrots, tomatoes, juice, yogurt, and 3 cups of frozen fruit. We have a Ninja but noticed that since we've been using it every day for almost 2 months the blades had started to dull. My boss has this blender and also makes homemade smoothies every day so we thought we'd give it a try. HOLY SMOOTHIES! We've always dealt with having some small chunks/leaves with the ninja and figured there was also no getting around the seeds cuz we use a lot of strawberries and Raspberries etc, not with this sucker! It's like drinking a runny milkshake or a thick glass of juice. I've never seen/experienced anything this powerful. Even when I worked at a restaurant in college, the restaurant grade blender wasn't this good! I've only used it once so far but it is definitely recommended!
on December 10, 2014
I had the earlier version of the Healthmaster Elite and loved it. I used it every morning to make green smoothies (kale, spinach, frozen fruit, yogurt), and bought one for my mother for the same reason but she only used it a few times a week. Both ours burned out in less than 2 years. I paid $70 for each and it was definitely worth it! Just ordered 3 more & purchased the 3 year warranty. The new model has a heavier pitcher and works just as well as my last one. I tried the Nutribullet & Ninja IQ, both made great smoothies but the cup size was limited and leaked. The Healthmaster pitcher is convenient to add to and make multiple servings, and cleans easily. This is well worth the money, I've done a lot of research and a comparable appliance would be $100 more. Try it before you invest in a more expensive model.
Update: All 3 received work great & are being used every day. Buy it now while on sale. I spent $90 each & worth every penny.
on March 5, 2015
Husband likes really thick smoothies and the Healthmaster Elite would emit high pitched squeal after the first month. I use less ice so not so much of a squeal for mine. We kept using it though - seemed to make smoothies OK. Then yesterday I tried to make a smoothie and used the ICE setting - after 10 seconds, it shot sparks from between the base and the pitcher. I quickly shut it off and under the pitcher I found metal fragments from the gear assembly - the c-clip holding in the bearings on the pitcher was bent out of whack and the ball bearings are exposed. Based on others comments, I'm not going to even try for repair - at $60 shipping cost for a unit I could buy new for $88- it makes no sense. We're moving on to Nutri-Bullet. Our Montel is hitting the trash. Only lasted for 7 months. The best part was a great Cosmopolitan recipe in the book that came with it.
on August 7, 2013
I still use my juicers occasionally, but I use this blender constantly. I purchased this instead of a Vitamix, mostly because of the cost, and I have not been disappointed. It has the things I need and the cost is far far less. It holds up well and I haven't found anything it won't blend. The only thing I don't like much is the cleanup required after making anything sticky, like nut butters etc. However, I make smoothies daily in this HealthMaster, and it keeps me happy and healthy. I'm a pleased consumer.
on June 24, 2013
I have had this since February. At first this was great, it worked like a champ. It would blend whatever I throw at it (broccoli, carrots, apples are some of the harder things I put in it). Then, about 3 months ago, it would freeze up and stop while blending. I read that it has a safety switch to disable the motor if it overheated. Now, it will run for about 1-2 minutes then freeze completely. It takes about 20 minutes for it to unfreeze so I can continue. This is completely unacceptable for this. I am rating this at one start because of how quickly this thing died.

The process to get a warranty replacement is to send them the unit, with proof of purchase and $30 for return shipping. If the warranty process goes well, I will adjust my rating accordingly. I am not optimistic though, considering some of the other reviews on here.

Update July 2, 2013

After reading the reviews, I decided to contact Amazon to see if they could do anything about extending their return window. Amazon once again proved their dedication to their customers. They allowed the return on this blended. I have since ordered the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer - Black and Chrome and love it.