Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on October 24, 2012
I was hesitant to order these through the mail, as I've not tried on Montrail before and was worried about sizing. The seller was the 'OutDry' material. I had tried some gloves last winter with the Outdry technology and they are incredible. THe size was perfect (I ordered my normal size). I can't say these were especially comfortable when I slipped them on. They're pretty stiff, but that will serve you well if you're on any rocky terrain. I saved the box for a week because I wasn't sure how they'd fare (I bought these for walking my dog in the Seattle winters) from a comfort perspective. First couple miles were iffy, but I've got about 20 miles on them now and they really are pretty comfy. The beauty of these are they are light, offer ankle coverage and they *really, really* are waterproof. I'm not impressed with most GoreTex on shoes (I trail run all winter and haven't found anything that really covers all my waterproof needs). I accidentally stepped in a puddle the other day to mid-ankle. To my surprise - 30 mins later my feet were still dry. I walked 4.5 miles this morning in a pretty good downpour and shoes were still completely dry.
on February 22, 2013
As other reviews I read (on various sites) these provide ample toe room while maintaining a snug heel for good support. I have not actually hiked in them yet. They are a little stiff out of the box. I have worn them 3 times on 5 mile walks and have worn them to work 2 times standing/walking in them for 8-9 hour shifts. I have had no discomfort, blisters, etc. They are very comfy and I can tell they will offer good support on my future hiking ventures. I've walked through multiple deep puddles with no repercussions. I would recommend these boots to others. I normally wear a size 9 (daily "normal" shoes) and i bought a 9 1/2 in these. They are large enough I can wear my winter thick wool socks with and not feel cramped yet still fit good with my summer thinner socks.
on July 6, 2016
For a pair of hiking boots, I expect the toe box to be large and comfortable, my toes should barely(if at all) touch the front end of the shoes on downhill. But the toe box on these are way too small in that sense. If they were running shoes it'd be ok, but these were hiking boots. My other hiking boots of the same size offer much more space inside, and are all wider than these, even though the bottom/sole are the same length (I compared). The shoe lace were not as easily adjustable as any of my other hiking/running shoes. I returned mine, didn't wear them on trail.
on January 19, 2013
I was looking for a tennis shoe/sneaker that would be great for walking around in the more wintry months, not necessary a snow boot, but walking out and about in the colder months.... with leggings. Yes, style was important in my search. I like the color, but what I like more is that the top part of the shoe, the part above and around the ankle, is soft and "cushiony". I feel that the area is protected but not with a rigid shell if that makes sense. And the best part besides the style - the fit. They are extremely comfortable and don't make my feet hot. :)
on February 18, 2013
These fit perfectly right out of the box. Sizes are true to fit and there is room for heavy socks and better yet my toes (not that my feet are wide). I took a 5 mile hike in them second day I had them and had NO issues...comfy every step I took. These are the second pair of Montrail shoes I have purchased and I swear by them for fit and comfort and style. Note the picture makes these look white but its actually a light grey with dark grey/and berry trim. Wish these were made in the U.S.
on March 10, 2014
Yeah, I just thought it was a bit too tight for a pair of outdoor experience shoes. You'd normally expect to wear these kind of shoes with thick socks but definitely not these ones. Order half a size bigger.
Very good quality though, and awesome colours! Great service as well, Delivered on time and in perfect condition.
on December 10, 2013
I love these running shoes! I have no issues with my ankles rolling when running on rocks now. They are stiff, but with med thick socks, I have no pain from them at all. Love these shoes!
on January 5, 2015
I backpacked in the Shenandoah Valley last summer and along the New River in WV. I didn't get blisters either time. I hiked in Dahlgren socks though, so that probably helped.
on December 19, 2013
Well I wanted a colorful hiking boot that also will keep my feet dry. The dog park can be ruff and with huskies they love the mud, water, snow, and where ever they can go but the terrain can be so rocky at times. Looks great and does the job!
on November 6, 2015
good shoes wish I'd kept them!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.