Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 54 reviews
on October 29, 2013
If you're a fan to any level of anything Monty Python then this documentary is for you. i caught it while it was airing on IFC and was instantly taken with the members of the Python's stories of their upbringings, comedic backgrounds, and the way they all found each other. The Pythons are truly exceptional minds and quite possibly the funniest men alive. Think of any comedy you've ever seen. The Pythons probably did it first and funnier. Besides Mel Brooks, these buys are the cornerstone of all things comedy with incredibly smart and witty writing. The documentary covers everything...movies, tv, comedy sting, college, growing up, etc, etc, etc. It's worth your time if you're a fan and even if not it's just a great story about some genuinely good and funny people. Tis a flesh wound.
on January 9, 2017
Only thing I wish is it was longer! I just absolutely love this documentary and have watched it 4 times already. You don't even have to be a fan to enjoy, it was so wonderful to learn about all of their lives and how they got to be Monty Python.
on March 27, 2016
What's not to like. Its the Pythons talking about the History of Python from the early days through the Movies. I would point out that there seems to be two versions One is the 6 hour version ( 6 1hr eps ) and the other is a 2 hr version. Be sure what you have before buying.
on September 11, 2016
Excellent presentation of their works as well as personal interviews with members of the cast. I have been a fan for many years and can only hope that they continue to thrive...Thank you Monty Python for the Great Entertainment...
on April 28, 2016
Great for people who wish to learn more about how Monty Python became Monty Python. Lovely to heart he stories from the boys as well. All footage will be further treasured when the inevitable happens and they sadly depart for apointments with Dr. Chapman.
on September 14, 2013
This intimate history was well-worth buying--at least for me. I had never figured out how they had named themselves--where did Monty Python's Flying Circus come from? Well, now I know. And how did an orphan American get into this group of Brits? Well, now I know. And it is so heartwarming to see that so many comics who came after Python appreciated their talents. And Led Zepplin liked Python? Elvis liked Python? Yes they did. And that made me smile all the more. (I love the fact that Eric Idle's daughter expressed her hatred for the way they ended The Holy Grail. Ah, such is family. She has a point, you know.) But still, what those six pulled off in just three short years will stay with me till I die. And the movies--especially The Life of Brian--still makes me laugh to this day: "Blessed are the cheesemakers? Why? What's so special about cheesemakers?" Hearing how they put it all together was just such a positive delight for me. Any avid Python fan will appreciate this historic 6 event series. Well done. Well done. Money well spent.
on February 3, 2017
Fantastic series - recommended for anyone who loves sketch comedy!
on July 11, 2016
My grandson and I watched this (for me the second time) and we LOL but it is gory. Be ware.
on December 18, 2014
Who can't love Monty Python. I have some D.V.D.'s and will be adding more to my collection. With winter and when it gets depressing I will grab and Monty Python and roll all over. great shipping also.
on January 25, 2017