Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

Moo Baa La La La
Format: Board book|Change

on January 25, 2016
Cow says Moo
Sheep says BAA
Three singing pigs say La La La

No, No you say, that isn't right
Pigs say Oink! all day and night!

I purchased this book when my daughter was about a year and half old. The text is simple and the pictures are pleasing. When we received the book, I thought it was too simple and that she would get bored. I was wrong! We have read this book HUNDREDS of times. For a while, it was her first and only choice. We read it so many times that I knew it by heart. If she was upset in the car we would start "reading" without the book. She would instantly simmer down and start filling in the animal sounds.

Fast forward a year after a move left it buried at the bottom of a box. We came across this gem of our collection. Now almost 3, she says, "My moo book, my moo book! Please read moo moo!" It was left, but not forgotten. What was once a staple in our bedtime routine now brings joy and delight to her one year old sister.

If you are looking to add this to your own library, DO IT! You won't regret it! It would also make a great baby shower gift or first birthday present. Some of our other Boynton favorites are Barnyard Dance and the Going to Bed Book.
My toddler and I love Sandra Boynton books. This one was one of our favorite when she was a bit younger. I would read the book but leave it for my child to fill in the blanks and say the animals sounds. At the end of the book, I would point at the different animals and ask her the name of the animal or the animal sound.

Even though she's mastered animal noises and names she still picks this book up from time to time. Wonderful simple read that helps teach young kids about animals and their noises.
Shakespeare knew it, and parents and other adults know it: People love a comedy of errors. Perhaps the most delighted audience is the youngest; toddlers love hearing mistakes and correcting them. It's a surefire hit for their certain sense of humor, and Sandra Boynton exploits this beautifully in this small board book.

Just a few set-up lines and Boynton is ready for the book's main joke:

"A cow says MOO."

"A sheep says BAA."

"Three singing pigs say LA LA LA!"

"'No, no!' you say, 'that isn't right.

The pigs say OINK all day and night.'"

Practice your dramatic abilities and really ham it up (pun intended) when you read the singing pigs and "that isn't right" lines on pages 3 and 4. There's also some action (dogs chasing cats), and a nice quizzical conclusion: ("It's quiet now. What do you [underlined] say?")

Boynton's familiar style is whimsical and slightly tongue-in-cheek. Her animals have very expressive, human-looking emotions, conveyed mostly through the eyes. For example, a quacking duck and a neighing horse aren't intrinsically very interesting, but when they're facing each other with similarly baffled faces, there's a subtle humor. The singing pigs, by the way, are anything but subtle. They're pizzazed out in coordinating striped pants, solid sports coats, and elegant white bow ties. They excited pigs dance in unison and hold canes in a showy vaudeville style. For a short and simple board book aimed at the very young, this is lots of fun. For older toddlers, take a look at Boynton's counting book with a difference: "Hippos Go Berserk!" She knows and loves her animals, and so will your little one.
11 comment| 179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 28, 2017
Sandra Boynton is one of our favorite authors for bedtime - the books are a manageable length with cute images and catchy written words. This particular option is great because it teaches little ones different animal sounds. We started to read this book a month before a visit to a farm animal sanctuary, and he was mooing, baaing, and oinking at all the animals. Definitely a worthwhile add to your little one's reading collection!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
My 18 month old has memerised this book, she loves it! It helped her with her animal sounds, she even does the 'la la la'! It is an easy short read but lots of fun for a young toddler who is learning and loves funny voices.
on October 4, 2015
My youngest grandson loves it whenever I read this to him.He will be 2 years of age in late January.This is the second copy I purchased for him,he chewed the first one and messed up the binding.He often takes the book sits down in hallway on the floor and opens it up.Whenever we sit on the bed or the couch,he likes to take my finger and point to the animals and we make the sounds of the animals in the book.I enjoy reading with him,he's a 'Nana's boy'.My daughter also reads other books to him and his older brother who will be turning 3 on Oct 31st.
on November 11, 2017
We've read this book so many times ever since it has arrived, I almost have it memorized! LO loves this book and enjoys "reading" it by himself when he winds down for nap.
on August 14, 2017
My baby has loved this book since the first time we started reading it to her at 1 month! Now that she is a little older she can basically read the book to us! It has catchy words and the pictures and story are cute!
on February 14, 2018
My 9 month old baby has several books by Sandra Boynton, but this one is her favorite (followed closely by The Going to Bed Book). She loves the sounds all of the animals make and it’s short enough for her attention span. I highly recommend this book!
on March 1, 2017
My daughter had this book when she was little and she still likes it. I got two of these as a gift for our friends babies. Thise mommies and babies loves it too. Sturdy cover and interesting animation for infants.