Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 762 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,084 reviews
on August 10, 2016
Awesome board book! We got this book only a week ago and it already became one of my daughter's favorites! It's perfect for her age (14 months) and she loves when I read it to her. She is learning what the animals say and imitating some of them too! I like that the illustrations are just the right amount, so she can focus better on them.

The rhymes are simple and grab my daughter's attention every time. We read it over and over again. I chose the board book with the thick board pages, so it lasts for more years. The Moo Baa La La La by Sandra Boynton is a book I would definitely recommend - fun, entertaining and educational.
review image review image review image review image
on January 25, 2016
Cow says Moo
Sheep says BAA
Three singing pigs say La La La

No, No you say, that isn't right
Pigs say Oink! all day and night!

I purchased this book when my daughter was about a year and half old. The text is simple and the pictures are pleasing. When we received the book, I thought it was too simple and that she would get bored. I was wrong! We have read this book HUNDREDS of times. For a while, it was her first and only choice. We read it so many times that I knew it by heart. If she was upset in the car we would start "reading" without the book. She would instantly simmer down and start filling in the animal sounds.

Fast forward a year after a move left it buried at the bottom of a box. We came across this gem of our collection. Now almost 3, she says, "My moo book, my moo book! Please read moo moo!" It was left, but not forgotten. What was once a staple in our bedtime routine now brings joy and delight to her one year old sister.

If you are looking to add this to your own library, DO IT! You won't regret it! It would also make a great baby shower gift or first birthday present. Some of our other Boynton favorites are Barnyard Dance and the Going to Bed Book.
on October 21, 2016
I bought this book for my three 3.5 years and younger kids. They love books, and this one is definitely one of their favorites. My family and I just recently moved 7 months ago and we experienced 3 floods. Sadly I wasn't able to save all of their books and with no flood insurance, I'm glad that I'm able to buy this book at such a great price. My 3.5 year old is able to read back most of the book to me, so this is a great book if you want to try to get your kids to read to you instead! It's also an awesome book to make animal noises with your kids!
Shakespeare knew it, and parents and other adults know it: People love a comedy of errors. Perhaps the most delighted audience is the youngest; toddlers love hearing mistakes and correcting them. It's a surefire hit for their certain sense of humor, and Sandra Boynton exploits this beautifully in this small board book.

Just a few set-up lines and Boynton is ready for the book's main joke:

"A cow says MOO."

"A sheep says BAA."

"Three singing pigs say LA LA LA!"

"'No, no!' you say, 'that isn't right.

The pigs say OINK all day and night.'"

Practice your dramatic abilities and really ham it up (pun intended) when you read the singing pigs and "that isn't right" lines on pages 3 and 4. There's also some action (dogs chasing cats), and a nice quizzical conclusion: ("It's quiet now. What do you [underlined] say?")

Boynton's familiar style is whimsical and slightly tongue-in-cheek. Her animals have very expressive, human-looking emotions, conveyed mostly through the eyes. For example, a quacking duck and a neighing horse aren't intrinsically very interesting, but when they're facing each other with similarly baffled faces, there's a subtle humor. The singing pigs, by the way, are anything but subtle. They're pizzazed out in coordinating striped pants, solid sports coats, and elegant white bow ties. They excited pigs dance in unison and hold canes in a showy vaudeville style. For a short and simple board book aimed at the very young, this is lots of fun. For older toddlers, take a look at Boynton's counting book with a difference: "Hippos Go Berserk!" She knows and loves her animals, and so will your little one.
11 comment| 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Sandra Boynton's works are a staple in our baby/toddler/preschooler library. I am not going to sugarcoat this...if you want your kids to grow up to be intelligent, kind, generous and successful, you must get this book. And don't forget "But Not the Hippopotomus" or "the Going to Bed Book!" Yes, there is still a chance they could get into Ivy League schools without some of these foundational masterpieces, but why chance it?! If their futures matter at all, click "add to cart" now!!

Ok but really...how would we choose the best Boynton books? My favorite might be The Going to Bed Book but our kids adore this cute little animal sounds story. They also love Barnyard Dance and Snuggle Puppy with similar fervor.

You can't go wrong with any of them!!
on March 23, 2017
The kids are all grown up now, but this and Barn Yard Dance! were their absolute favorites.
Still have our 21yr old copy and will be passing it down to the grandkids (when they come).
Purchased this to pass along the fun to a friend's kid who is enjoying being read to, and loves the board books while she is out with her family at various events.
The books are well made, heavy duty cardboard.
Well printed, Well illustrated.
Perfect for the young, aspiring reader!
on April 22, 2017
My daughter adores this book, and will happily listen to me read it over and over; it's one of the ones she picks most often for story time. Sandra Boynton is one my favorite baby book authors; the flow of her books is good, she incorporates tons of animals and animal noises, which my daughter adores, and the illustrations are cute and engaging. I'm slowly collecting them all, and strongly recommend this book to anyone with a baby / toddler.
on June 22, 2005
All the good things you've heard about this book are true. My fifteen-month-old daughter loves books and has about 25, and while she's normally content to just sit and leaf through the pages, once or twice a day she'll bring a book to me and put it in my hand, obviously asking me to read it to her. Moo Baa La La La is ALWAYS the first book she picks up. She just loves it and wants me to read it to her two or three times in a row (good thing it's a short book!) This book obviously has universal appeal that all kids love.
on March 27, 2017
I'm a HUGE Sandra Boynton fan. And Moo, Baa, La La La! Is my favorite! That first time the eager smalls knows what the cow and the sheep say is so great. And the added smiles and jigs when they know what the pigs say, is just pure joy in a book.
on March 1, 2017
My daughter had this book when she was little and she still likes it. I got two of these as a gift for our friends babies. Thise mommies and babies loves it too. Sturdy cover and interesting animation for infants.