Moog Minimoog Model D
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 3 vintage Moog oscillators Classic Moog Ladder Filter Custom reissued transistors critical to sound quality and character 9 analog circuit boards recreated using original designs and component placement Military spec precision resistors Precision Linear System matched JFETs in oscillators Classic thermoset, gnarled pitch and mod wheels CV Modifications: outputs added for Pitch, Aftertouch, Velocity and Gate (Aftertouch and Velocity have dedicated output level attenuators
- One of the most anticipated events in electronic instrument production for 2016 is the resumed production of the Minimoog Model D
- It is a direct resumption of the original manufacturing process, by the original manufacturer, using original parts, and for the original user (you)
- There has been such a clamor for Moog to resume production of this instrument that they practically had to bring it back
- They have known this for years, but they have also known that they had to do it right and for the first time since 1981, Moog has officially resumed production of the Minimoog Model D
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Minimoog Model D. One of the most anticipated events in electronic instrument production for 2016 is the resumed production of the Minimoog Model D. It is a direct resumption of the original manufacturing process, by the original manufacturer, using original parts, and for the original user (you). There has been such a clamor for Moog to resume production of this instrument that they practically had to bring it back. They have known this for years, but they have also known that they had to do it right and for the first time since 1981, Moog has officially resumed production of the Minimoog Model D. It could fairly be said that the Moog Minimoog Model D is the most iconic synthesizer of all time. Synthesizer enthusiasts generally understand the second revision of the Minimoog Model D to be the ultimate mono synth. The original and the third iteration, which is identified by serial #10,000 and up, are every bit a Model D but the one that has fallen into the greatest favor, the one that defined a generation of progressive rock and switched-on classical, was from this middle period and that is the one that has served as the source design for the Model D. New features include a Fatar TP-9 keybed with velocity sensitivity and aftertouch. If you loved the original, imagine being able to drift pitch or open a filter with key pressure. And imagine controlling other CV devices from your Model D, a Mooger Fooger, for instance. The reissue Model D has CV outputs for Pitch, Aftertouch, Velocity and Gate. As long as we’re on CV, there is an additional External Modulation CV input, also unavailable on the original. The original naturally didn’t have MIDI In, Out and Thru seeing as it had not yet been invented, but the new one does. It is also equipped with improved circuit board connectors for greater touring reliability. It’s a Model D, but ready for today, ready for your music. These new features of the Model D provide dramatic utility for the contemporary keyboard music...
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have heard some people compare the Voyager VS Model D. To me there is no comparison. The Model D is a complete different animal. The downside is the midi implementation is limited. The filter for an example is not captured in the midi. That is the biggest issue in my opinion. I would also like to point out the control interface is perfect as Bob Moog designed it. It could not be designed any more perfect. The control interface also helps you learn how a synth works, yes this is expensive trainer. The voyager is easy to get lost in the settings but does have a full midi implementation. One thing that I have grown to love is the pitch and expression wheels of the model D. The pitch wheel does not have a spring to take it back to center. At first I thought this might be bad, but now I want the voyager to act the same way.
I love the model D reissue so much, it would probably be the last instrument I sold if I had to liquidate all my music gear. No one could trade me an original for the re-issue also. I just do not want to deal with an aged instrument due to the fact this is an analog circuit. I have been contemplating selling the voyager. To me the Moog Model D is the 1959 Les Paul standard, it just does not get any better than this! Knowing this is a limited run, get one and hold on, I think the value with jump to 7K or 10K in a few years.