- File Size: 167178 KB
- Print Length: 136 pages
- Publisher: Marvel (July 5, 2016)
- Publication Date: June 22, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01GF1PUFC
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #191,678 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$10.99|
|Print List Price:||$17.99|
Save $12.49 (69%)
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur Vol. 1: BFF (Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (2015-)) Kindle & comiXology
|Length: 136 pages||Age Level: 12 - 17||Grade Level: 4 - 17|
Kindle e-ReadersFire Tablets
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (2015-) (Collections) (3 Book Series) to Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur Vol. 1: BFF (Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (2015-))
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The first six issues included in this volume sets up the story well and gives credence to Devil Dinosaur returning to our present day while introducing a spunky girl who refuses to give up. The threat that drives her is a great link into main Marvel continuity as well as slightly explores the thoughts of a latent Inhuman on becoming mist-ified. The Killer Folk becoming their own gang in a present day city is inspired enough to be amusing with interestingly dangerous possibilities if they don't just go thug throughout.
The art is well done and has a cherubic fluidity that gives it slightly bubbly yet sleek shapes that illustrate the actions of the characters well. The colors are bright and inviting yet with a slick effect that reminds me of an animated feature. I especially loved Devil Dinosaur’s flaming eyes and Moon Girl’s roller skating action shots. Great poses and panel layouts are fairly dynamic serving the action.
What I find slightly disappointing is how quickly the six issues go. Maybe it’s the slightly action focus. For instance, the Totally Awesome Hulk guest-starring while cool does detract from the core story a little when just the fight between him and Devil Dinosaur lasts a whole issue. The parents view on Lunella’s situation is a tad one-dimensional. They don’t really give any true support beyond the standard parental orders of “go to school” and “no extracurricular activities” and only mentioning they know about her inhuman DNA and fear. They mean well, true, but there’s no true depth in my eyes to the interactions. If they actually provided some suggestions, that might have endeared them more to me. As-is , they seem to be just another foil to Lunella’s goals. While that serves plot somewhat it doesn’t really serve character to me.
What it does get through is the fear Lunella has of her inhuman DNA and her skepticism and disappointment of everyday school life and her parents. Devil Dinosaur could be smarter in interaction but he wasn’t portrayed as truly dumb either. Overall, I’m impressed with the relationship between the two and would love to see more.
The sixth issue ends on a cliffhanger with Lunella being confronted by the mists she fears so much. Devil Dinosaur takes care of her but it’s hard to say what the result would be. The Killer Folk had ditched their god but it leaves the question of what will they do next. And what about the parents? As one-dimensional as they had been in this volume, I’m personally hoping they’d wise up and become story-serving characters and pull some weight.
Fun story with endearing main characters and promising plot points, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur the series is off to a good start. I’m looking forward to what happens next.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction