Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Moon+ Reader Pro forum

Moon + Reader App

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2011, 6:37:01 AM PST
TKD says:
Has anyone tried this on the Kindle Fire?

Posted on Feb 2, 2012, 10:58:26 PM PST
lental says:
Another Fire owner on another thread said she sideloaded Moon+ Pro onto her Fire then converted pubs to ebooks using Calibre and it's worked perfectly. I have not yet tried it but intend to. Amazon has Moon+ Pro available in its App store but has a warning that it's not compatible with the Fire. The other person apparently downloaded Moon+ Pro to her computer then moved it to her Fire via the USB cable.

That begs the question: "Why?"

According to one Kindle Forum Pro (again on another thread), Amazon agreed not to make TTS available in return for being allowed to sell the books being published by six leading publishers, Random House being one of the six.

This would lead to the conclusion that those six publishers are fearful of competition from TTS versus their audible book offerings. Interestingly, I am not an audible book fan but I would like TTS capability on my Fire to audibly read whatever books or documents I desire. That apparently has been prohibited by the big six book publishers.

Ironically, it appears that the Moon+ Pro App will work on the Fire if sideloaded from a personal computer but, perhaps, will not work if downloaded from Amazon.

I'm sure there will be more to come on this issue.

The name of the thread is "Kindle Fire 'text to speech' capabilities." but it's related to TTS not being available on the Fire. The poster who said she had made Moon+ Pro work was Connie," but she did not get into specifics about how she made it work.

If you can resolve this issue, please post your solution here and on the other thread as well.

Thanks

Len

Posted on Apr 3, 2012, 4:50:41 AM PDT
Itchyfinger says:
I've always loved Android, and I'll never recommend I-products to anybody with a brain, but from the first day I was confronted with Amazon's infuriatingly inane Kindle promotion on it's home page, all I read was "Swindle - burn the kindle!!" Multi-purpose electronics produced by a sell-everything company is the ultimate formula for conflict of interest, and it's always the buyer who loses - how the hell can you expect otherwise?

Posted on Jan 15, 2014, 2:46:20 PM PST
HI. Im completely new to this kindle and I was shocked to see they don't take epubs or pdf's? Am I right? Im not very tech savvy (just basics). On my ipad I am able to easily download a pdf or epub (into ibooks). Here I tried the moonreaderplus and for 1 or 2 day I was able to read a pdf book with the moonreader app and do my highlighting and such but the next time I went in there, the books were gone and now it says I must UPGRADE (pay for) if I want to download pdf's into it???
Then I saw other suggestions online that said to download adobe reader. When I did that, I am able to get my book in pdf and do highlighting and all that. Did that solve my problem? Because I don't understand why people say you need adobe and Overdrive app when the adobe seemed to do the job by itself? Please help. Thanks!

Posted on Jan 16, 2014, 4:55:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2014, 5:05:22 AM PST
You posted under a discussion for an app I use called Moon reader, was that your intention? I don't use moon reader pro bc I don't need it. I use the basic one fir now.
Yep, kindle reader itself will read pdf but not epub but the pdf's show up under documents tab on kindle, not books so look there. Who tried to charge you for pdf? I've not had that happen b4. I actually use the moon reader from Amazon to read other formats of books I get from .epub etc. Overdrive app is more of a library manager app. It interfaces with libraries for borrowing mostly epub & I believe it's a reader. I haven't actually used it as moon reader does the extra things I need that kindle doesn't. I removed Adobe to save space. It gets confusing doesn't it? You'd think the best known reader like kindle would do it all right? I was initially disappointed in mine, with epub & the fonts & colors limited. I personally like the Moon reader app for the color choices it has. I can have my background colors to be anything such as purple letters on gray & hundreds of others. It has preset themes for day/night & tons more. However, it's prone to shut down within kindle but not ever on my pc or cell. It also can be difficult to find the books downloaded but once I added a e3 file explorer, I can find anything now & it stays on the shelf. I hope I helped a bit. If not, post again. There is a main help discussion for kindle that will get you more response to questions. There are a lot of smart folks around here that know much more than I. What type of kindle do u have? I have kindle fire hd 8.9.
Also, you'll want to get familiar with the digital media library (in the cloud) so to speak. All media (music, books, etc) can be sorted, tagged, put into folders, shared etc. Books are easily found for what to read if it's hard to find in kindle tho the search in kindle works fine for me to use media, do this: Go under your account, (drop down menu under hello in Amazon home page for kindle) then scroll down 3/4 and you'll see a digital media area, 2nd column has word "collections." Click on that, sign in and check out all the features there. Good luck & I hope you enjoy your kindle. There are work arounds for everything. [:-D take care!
Dee

Posted on Dec 4, 2014, 2:13:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2014, 2:14:56 PM PST
Kay Titmus says:
I am wondering why the free moon reader won't read my pdf files. Says I need the pro version, but the app store says it isn't compatible with my kindle fire HD 8 .9
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Moon+ Reader Pro forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about