Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Moonlight and Oranges
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on February 4, 2016
Her writing was not bad for not being too far in her career. I honestly could not put this one down, I read it in a couple of hours. I have definitely been recommending it to anyone who wants a juicy romance!
on January 13, 2015
Lorona is a true book nerd. But, she is trying to change her ways and experience life and take chances. She meets Kerstrin and...oooooh boy!!

The story jumps around quite a bit but Lorona is such a charming character. She keeps you coming back for more.

A quick and really enjoyable read!!
Moonlight and Oranges is a delightful modern day adaptation of the classical Greek mythology romance tale of Cupid and Psyche.

Author Elise Stephens weaves an enjoyable romantic story that seamlessly blends the timeless Greek classic with a modern twist. Set in Seattle, the reader follows the development of the romantic relationship of Lorona and Kestrin. Their relationship starts off with a whirlwind romance that quickly develops into passion, love, and a hasty elopement. But their marriage isn't perfect or strong enough to withstand a variety of trials and tribulations that stand in the way of true love. With a mixture of fear, doubt, secrets, lack of trust, betrayal, obstacles, intriguing twists and turns, and tough decisions, Lorona and Kestrin's love will be put to the test. Is Lorona and Kestrin's love and marriage strong enough to overcome the obstacles in their way, or will it tear them apart?

Moonlight and Oranges is an intriguing and complicated story full of emotion, passion, drama, and angst. It takes you on a roller coaster ride as Lorona and Kestrin's whirlwind relationship is put to the test time and time again. You can't help but get drawn into their story: opposites attract and fall in love, yet forces are trying to pull them apart. This story engages the reader in wondering if fate and destiny really had a hand in their relationship, and what's not to love about a great romance story intertwined with a timeless and classic Greek mythical tale that will capture the reader's attention from the beginning until the climatic ending? This is a well written and enjoyable story that will leave a smile on your face.
on January 6, 2015
Lorona never thought in a million years that a guy like Kestrin Feathers would ever give her a second look. Being a redheaded book nerd, she was used to the quiet life. One night her friend Yuki convinces her to go to a Halloween party and she is utterly surprised by what happens next.

Kestrin is a guy known to "get around" with girls, but deep down he's a kind hearted guy looking for the right one. By "right one" I mean the one he has been dreaming about. He seems to have inherited the ability to have dreams that are real, and in this case he is convinced that Lorona is the girl who will complete his dream. He starts chatting with her and the two fall in love - and are married in two days.

Sweet Lorona makes the mistake of reading Kestrin's dream journal and the two become seperated since Kestrin wasn't ready to tell her about the dream yet. Larona and Yuki go on a trip to chase him down and are thrown some obstacles by Kestrin's crazy Mother who apparently wants her new daughter in law our of the picture. Is Larona really the woman of his dreams?

I really enjoyed this book. It seemed to me like a fairy tale of some sort, and when I read the Epilogue I realized it is based off the Greek myth of Psyche and Cupid. How awesome is that? Props to the author for being so creative! A quick and easy read with outstanding writing. 5 stars from me!
on June 28, 2014
Moonlight and Oranges is a modern-day retelling of the Cupid and Psych myth. I would not have even known about that if I didn't read the Author's note at the end of the book. I had no clue at all. I loved how well thought out this book was. The author put a lot of research into it. The story was beautifully written. I was able to actually visualize everything around the characters. The story, however, did have a slow start. It took me a little while to get into it. I loved how the author based Kestrin's dreams on Lorona. For example, her name actually comes from La Llorona "The Weeping Woman." I didn't like the whole obsession with oranges. I just really didn't understand it.

I really liked Lorona as a character. After her mom left when she was little, she promised herself she would never cry again. She never has. That is one of the reasons Kestrin questioned if she was the one. The one was She who Cries. I really liked that part of the story as well. I loved how determined she was. No matter what happened, she would work to fix it, especially when Kestrin didn't seem to want to.

Kestrin is pretty much a womanizer. He has been with many women just to find the woman of his dreams. When he meets Lorona, he believes he found the one. He completely changes for her. When Lorona looks into his journal, he blows up and leaves her. Throughout the book, he questions his dreams based on what happened. Since he has been with a lot of women, he believes he no longer has the chance to be happy with one person. I love the ending when he finally throws all that out the window and goes fine the woman that her truly loves.

Everything happened a little too fast for me in this story. They meet one time, and BAM, they get married. They obviously don't love each other. He is only proposing, because he thinks she is the one. Lorona says yes, because she feels adored. They immediately get married and move in together. She mistrusts him in one instant and looks in his journal. When she fails the test, he ups and leaves her. Most of the book, they are separated from each other. I don't see how they could have actually fell in love. I mean I was happy at the end that they did love each other, but it just didn't seem real. I also wish there was more character development. I couldn't relate to the characters at all. I wish I could have been able to see them grow and their love for each other grow. The only time I actually felt something was at the end with the fire and hospital scene. That was my favorite part of the whole book.
on January 11, 2014
Loved this book, its in one of must haves. I love this love story, it took me by surprise, happily.
on November 5, 2013
I won this book in a giveaway a while back and I've been curious about it ever since.

this book is a modern retelling of Cupid and Psyche, a greek myth, though in the book itself, you're kind of led to believe that it's a retelling of La Llorona, a mexican legend.

I actually thought this book was pretty good. I was thrown off a little in the beginning by how fast everything went (and it went fast!) but the further I got into it, the better it seemed to get.

The writing was done well and the characters were easy to get into. There were a few mistakes in the book, however, which wouldn't be shocking if it were an ARC, but I was reading a finished copy.
on July 27, 2013
Ah, young love, first love, true love.

This charming young adult novel tells the story of Lorona and Kestrin, star-crossed lovers, who fall in love and struggle with the differences in their pasts and their present families.

The story brings to mind the many wonderful stories set in the English countryside two centuries ago. Elise Stephens may well be a young American Barbara Cartland. I look forward to her next novel FORECAST.
on July 12, 2013
I received a digital copy of this book for review as part of the book tour.

I am not familiar with the story of Cupid and Persephone, I may have read it before but I do not/did not remember it while reading this book. But after reading a summary of Cupid's story, I could say that Moonlight and Oranges is indeed a modern day retelling of that story.

This is probably the biggest insta-love of them all and I loved it! They meet, fall in love, and get married. It's a big risk both parties were willing to take but how long will the magic last? They barely know each other and Kestrin has a reputation which Lorona can't get passed with.

I was more curious as to how this kind of story would play out, how they would resolve their problem, and of course, how Kestrin's dream ended, what the answer he was looking for was. The phrase "fools rush in" came to mind and I almost thought it would end up badly. But I was desperate for it to be a happy ending and I wasn't disappointed.

The names are a little weird for me. Each time I see "Kestrin", my brain would read is as "Kerstin". Lorona sounds like Lorena so I'm okay with that. And I recently learned about the story of La Llorona from an episode of Grimm. The moon or moonlight, stars, and oranges are mentioned a lot. The couples craving for oranges is one of my favorites. I smile every time the craving is mentioned.

Loved this novel! The story is easy to grasp, definitely recommend to hopeless romantics like me.
on March 12, 2013
Enticed by the beautiful cover art, I dove into "Moonlight and Oranges" and soon realized that author Elise Stephens was not going to disappoint. Her well-crafted modern day take on Greek mythology was a different kind of read for me and I gladly walked into her world of characters. The familiar urban backdrop which set the stage for this larger-than-life relationship was a particular highlight--not overdone (no "name dropping" of landmarks and intersections, which gets under my skin), but a subtle additional character you get to know throughout the story. If you get a chance, pick this up. You won't regret it.