Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife with Carbon Steel Blade, Military Green, 4.1-Inch
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.19. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$6.45 (32%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fixed blade outdoor knife with 4.1-inch high carbon steel blade
- Limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty; Made in Sweden
- Patterned, high-friction grip makes the knife comfortable to hold and easy to handle
- Blade length: 4.1 inches (104 mm);
- Blade thickness: 0.08 inch (2.0 mm); Overall length: 8.6 inch (218 mm); Weight w/ sheath: 3.9 oz. (110 g)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Morakniv knives made from high carbon steel achieve high hardness, are exceptionally tough, and combined with the classic Scandi grind are easy to re-sharpen.
The Morakniv Companion MG handle has a patterned, high-friction grip that performs well in wet and cold conditions. The knife sits comfortably in the hand providing greater control, safety and performance.
Includes color-matching, hard plastic sheath to keep the knife secure. Features include a belt clip for convenient carrying and a drain hole.
The Companion MG is a great tool for chopping small limbs, carving and prepping tinder for a fire, or use it to carve tools that can be used within your campsite or for survival.
Easily carve some fresh tinder that will assist with fire starting or create a feather stick that is helpful when starting a fire with damp wood or without tinder.
The Companion MG carves tools for use around the campsite or survival situations, carves and preps tinder for a fire, and can chop small tree limbs.
|Companion Carbon MG||Companion Stainless||Companion Heavy Duty||Companion Rescue||Companion Serrated|
|Blade Length||4.1 inches||4.1 inches||4.1 inches||3.9 inches||4.1 inches|
|Blade Thickness||2.0 mm||2.5 mm||3.2 mm||2.5 mm||2.5 mm|
|Overall Length||8.6 inches||8.6 inches||8.8 inches||8.4 inches||8.6 inches|
|Weight||3.9 ounces||4.1 ounces||4.8 ounces||4.1 ounces||4.1 ounces|
The Morakniv Companion MG is an all-in-one knife for outdoor enthusiasts with a patterned, high-friction grip that makes it comfortable to hold and easy to handle. The Companion MG features a 4.1-inch (104 mm) blade of 1095 carbon steel that reaches a hardness of HRC 58-60. High carbon steels are preferred in applications that demand durability and can be easily re-sharpened when needed. The Companion MG will perform well during high impact usage such as creating tinder or cutting wood. When used in wet applications, the blade should be dried after use to avoid blade corrosion and may exhibit a patina or natural discoloration over time through normal usage. You should also clean and oil your blade regularly especially after it comes in contact with acidic foods like oranges. Includes a military green sheath with belt clip. Overall length: 8.6 inch (218 mm); Blade length: 4.1 inches (104 mm); Blade thickness: 0.08 inch (2.0 mm); Weight w/ sheath: 3.9 oz. (110 g). Limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty. Made in Sweden.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
On a side note if anyone wants to add a little protection against rust to the blade (its debatable how much it actually adds but I guarantee that its better than nothing) you can force a patina on it with apple cider vinegar, or mustard or an apple etc. I used apple cider vinegar over night and put lip balm lines on it the next day and let it sit for a few more hours and I got a very cool looking "tiger shark" pattern on it. Its almost a greyish green color, see the pictures I added. Anyways what an awesome knife.
* Excellent ergonomics in the handle
* Friction and cushioned grip that is extremely comfortable to use for long periods of time
* Flawless blades that are just solid workhorses
* Excellent sharpness right out of the box
* Positive friction lock sheath is great and durable
* Should be a knife that lasts you a long time
* Price tag is just simply unbeatable for the quality
* Sharpens up great when you finally have to
* Edge keeps for a good time.
* Blade could be considered thin to some
* This particular Morakniv is carbon steel (and could rust!!!), and is NOT stainless steel. They also sell a stainless steel one, but due to the exact identical look for both, be sure you want this one and not the stainless steel one. So ... confusing product line due to the generic design on their knives overall.
If you are an outdoors person or prepping for the zombie apocalypse, you will not regret making this purchase.
THIS IS A CARBON BLADE - YOU ACTUALLY NEED TO TAKE CARE OF IT TO PREVENT RUST.
That said, this is an excellent carbon steel knife. It comes razor sharp (mine was perfectly free of rust, or oxidation), and mirror shiny. Though, within a few days of receiving them - I added my own force patina to help protect the blade in it's later life. I used vinegar, as well as mustard (for a design), If what I'm saying here is confusing you - get to Googling. Once you've got a patina, keep a little rust protectant (I use mineral oil), and you're set.
I expect years of service out of these blades, and am excited for the next one (I bought 3 at the same time).
Blade specific review: The rubberized handle is my favorite of the Moras I ordered. Lots of grip, no sliding down the handle foreseen in my future.The blade thickness is perfect for a companion blade to my BK2, and should last a long while.