Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 12, 2009, 1:57:22 PM PDT
G. Manuel says:
This past weekend at DragonCon in Atlanta Georgia. Micheal Hogan went on stage to announce something big. If Universal sells 300,000 copies of The Plan they will produce another BSG movie. This was due to Edward James Olmos they said if the number is reached they will continue to make BSG movies. So go out and tell your friends and family who love BSG to pick this movie up if they want more BSG.

Posted on Sep 13, 2009, 12:02:44 AM PDT
W. Hoff says:
This is seperate from the season right? I haven't watched the last season yet so didn't want to get it if it was on there.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2009, 8:18:12 AM PDT
G. Manuel says:
Yes this is a seperate movie that has not been aired yet or shown on TV its going to be released shortly after its aired I believe. There are no plans to add it to any current box sets. That is why Michael Hogan said go out and buy the DVDs. They want to make more Battlestar and its up to the fans to show Universal we want more.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009, 10:28:25 PM PDT
Ryan Palmer says:
BUY THIS FOLKS! We need more Battlestar movies with this great cast. Although, they would all have to be prequels, since the end of the series pretty much killed any chance of continuation...

Posted on Sep 24, 2009, 3:20:58 PM PDT
Ooga Booga says:
Frakin-A!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2009, 4:52:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2009, 4:54:47 AM PDT
Yes this is separate. Also you should get Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.5 regardless - the extended episode of Islanded in a Stream of Stars alone is totally worth buying the season! It is an entirely different show from the aired version and will change the way you view the ending of the series and likely the entire show.
Also The Plan (apparently) deals with the beginning of the series from the cylon perspective so even if you have not completed watching season 4 this is something completely different.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2009, 10:21:31 AM PDT
Paul Doland says:
That's interesting. I'm surprised. They sold off all the sets, props and costumes, as if to say, "that's all, folks". If they had even a slight idea of doing more, they should've kept the sets.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2009, 3:36:44 AM PDT
Ian M. Perge says:
That's the impression I was given with the various auctions of customs, props, set dressing, etc. To further this, on the Commentary Track for "The Plan" EJO & writer/executive producer Jane Espenson note that the original idea was for *3* "stand-alone" BSG movies, but that it was cut down to just one which made "The Plan" all the more important in terms of tying up loose ends.

I personally believe it's due to the fact that after the Miniseries, 4 Seasons, "Razor" and "The Plan" the cast were most likely "straining at the bit" to do other projects and work in other creative outlets (you can pretty much tell in her promo videos that Katee Sackhoff appeared less interested in Season 4), and between that and the costs to keep the sets standing or at least disassembled and put into storage while not knowing if the Producers would be able to get the cast back together from other projects they'd likely be working on were costs they were not willing to take on. Not only the cast but co-Creators/Executive Producers RDM and David Eich have moved onto other writing and Producing jobs, leaving the idea of more Cable movies very much a stretch IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2009, 5:21:52 AM PST
SophieB says:
I hope there is truth to this! The Plan was amazing, and I'm sad that Battlestar is over. I hope that there will be more!!!

Posted on Nov 2, 2009, 10:13:27 PM PST
veryvery says:
I hope we'll get a live-action version of the "Final Five" comic books.

Posted on Feb 4, 2010, 5:08:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2010, 5:08:54 AM PST
zargb5 says:
Please no more! I give in! I'll tell you anything you want to know.......But for pity's sake don't make any more of this drivel.

They should have aired this series on the religious channel.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Sep 12, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 4, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Battlestar Galactica: The Plan
Battlestar Galactica: The Plan by Edward James Olmos (DVD - 2009)
3.8 out of 5 stars (461)