Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 145 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 164 reviews
on July 3, 2013
When we walked into the diner, we mentioned "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" and we were treated like royalty. It was so much fun and we must have stayed for two hours. Since this book was printed a few years ago, we first checked on-line to see if the restaurant was still in operation. We put the address in our GPS and found it with no problem. Just do it, it's so much fun but be sure to mention where you are from and that this is your first visit. It's a blast!!!
on May 21, 2017
The hair cut is as great as the book!
on July 26, 2017
great
on February 1, 2010
I'm a current watcher of triple D, and enjoy the shows very much. I'm using Guy's books as my personal "BUCKET LIST" places to be try when I travel. And as long as you have a good GPS system it makes the food treasure hunt most enjoyable. I plan on trying some of the recipies, in my spare time at home. My only wish is that in Guy's next book (and I'm sure there will be one) he'll give us a small map for location, and hours that the D,D,and D's are open. some of them have irregular schedules, but all in all I think there worth the effort. Best of luck Guy. You have the job I know I'd enjoy the best
on May 6, 2010
The kitschy style of this book is what adds to it's appeal. It is just as "Off the hook" as it's author. While there are many places Guy has reviewed, it would be nice if he could include a few more recipes from some of the places, even if 'his take' on some are slightly different. (I realize that most of these recipes are proprietary, which makes the 'diner, drive-in or dive' the place that it is,) but I would still like to see more recipes included. Also, a "state by state" index would make finding the restaurants a little easier, instead of sifting through the masses.

Bottom line: I would buy it again, make no mistake!
on July 29, 2013
This book does have some nice recipes in it, but they are mostly from one region of the USA. It would have been very helpful to be able to see where his recipes were from so we could have made a better decision on this book or one of Guy's other Triple D books. Not as many recipes as we expected, but lots of behind the scenes information which was often very funny.
on May 24, 2010
I really liked this book. Great stories for every place. But, my biggest problem was trying to find these on a map. I just did a drive from Jackson Hole, Wyoming to Connecticut and wanted to stop at some of the locations, but trying to find them on a map, and seeing if they were on the way became so cumbersome that I gave up. If they had a map of each state with the location of each place- just one in the front of the book, I could have seen which might be on our route and would have definitely have vistited, or even revised the route to go.
on January 1, 2017
Recipes are lackluster and the book was not as informative as one would hope
on March 3, 2017
Love
on June 24, 2015
NO COLOR PICTURES!!! All in black and white. who wants to look at food in B/W photos???