BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on January 20, 2016
I determined years ago that my Faith in Jesus Christ was more important than anything else I had going in my life. Having been raised strictly Irish Catholic really distorted my understanding of God. It's much more simple now. You either believe in something that you can't see, believing in salvation, or you hope to stay out of Hell believing in man-made rituals and rhetoric.
on June 9, 2013
Stephen Arterbum has joined a growing chorus of writers and thinkers who know that something must change within the spectrum of Christianity to reclaim the message and mission of Jesus currently mired in a populism and commoditization. We've sold Jesus down the proverbial creek and dismissed the challenges of his teaching. If we stopped seeing church as a cultural icon with rules and regulations, a club where membership is more important than missional imperatives, we might realize that when folks work together to extend his message with its challenges in these times, we create a spark that could reignite the original message - to create a beloved community that loves the world and seeks to renew it. 'More Jesus Less Religion: Moving from Rules to Relationship' is a kind of blueprint on that journey.
on September 2, 2017
I loved studying this book! Arterburn and Felton break down what is healthy faith and steers you away from occult-like thinking and the tendency to over spiritualize things that prevent you from becoming the "best" possible you. I highly recommend the book.
on July 16, 2017
I listen to New Life on the radio and do as much as I can to follow their suggestions. I recently read Toxic Faith, a great book, and this book was the perfect "next step." I highly recommend it!
on April 14, 2016
This is a wonderful book that explores healthy vs. a toxic faith. It is refreshing and renewing to read this work and see the simplicity that is found in true Christianity. It is filled with encouragement and hope for a journey with God that is love and grace based.
on July 9, 2013
Buy this book! I have learned some much from this gracefully written book. I found the content both encouraging and freeing without being fault finding. I highly recommend this book if you tend to struggle with legalism.
on July 18, 2013
Great and easy to understand and to work the questions for the subject. Would highly recommend for reading and working the issues out.
on July 19, 2013
Be prepared to be challenged, particularly if you are in an old traditional "church". A great work by Arterburn. Maybe should be required reading for every Christian and church leader, lay or clergy.
on April 22, 2013
This book teaches the importance of relationship with Jesus rather than religion. As an attendee of a contempory evangelistic church, I found this book supportive of my belief that traditional churches have become too cold and legalistic.
on May 30, 2015
A must read book. Very enlightening