- Series: Beginning Ukulele Songs (Book 3)
- Paperback: 102 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (August 20, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1523601744
- ISBN-13: 978-1523601745
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.2 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.5 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 14 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #256,819 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
21 More Songs in 6 Days: Learn Intermediate Ukulele the Easy Way: Book + online video (Beginning Ukulele Songs) (Volume 3) Paperback – August 20, 2016
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Jenny Peters is one part of the sister duo responsible for 21 Songs in 6 Days. She stumbled upon the ukulele after finding 45 of them in one of her elementary school classrooms. Convinced she could turn her find into more than a whole lot of noise, she designed a program to teach all of her students to play successfully with only 30 minutes of class time a week. No one was more grateful than the teacher in the next classroom. A former private piano teacher in Chicago with a Masters in Piano Performance from the University of Illinois, Jenny now lives in Highland Park. Married with three kids, she shares her home with three cats and more musical instruments than she would care to name. Rebecca Bogart is the second half of the sister writing team. An acclaimed classical pianist, performer and teacher, Rebecca has been passionate about the piano and music her entire life. She has played for audiences in Italy, taught master classes at Harvard and won more than a few piano competitions. She made her solo debut at Carnegie Hall in early 2014. Learn more at Amazon.com/author/Rebecca-Bogart/ and http://www.amazon.com/Jenny-Peters. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, or want to share your uke successes with us, get in touch! We’d love to hear from you! Jenny Peters firstname.lastname@example.org Rebecca Bogart email@example.com https://www.facebook.com/21Songsin6Days Google+ google.com/+UkuleleIo YouTube 21 Songs in 6 Days Twitter @ukulelio
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $1.99 (Save 56%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Showing 1-8 of 14 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Chord diagrams appear at the top of the page. When you are learning a new chord, it is so helpful not to have to turn pages to check your position.
2. Strumming patterns are included. I have played from other books and sat for several minutes trying to find a decent strum pattern to just try out the song without a basic down, down, down, down pattern. While most songs can be strummed several ways, it is vert helpful to have a pattern at the top of the song page. This provides a place to start as well as a challenge.
3. Finger picking is included too! Not only do you get to learn the chords, picked melody, different strums and melody/chord hybrid arrangements for solo playing, finger picking accompaniament is also included!
4. The same songs are used a few times for different techniques. While you do get 21 unique songs, you also get a few songs repeated for the purpose of separately reading for chords, melody, solo, finger picking accompaniament. You are given the opportunity to become comfortable with a particular tune and then dig a little deeper and learn something new.
To be honest, I have only just looked at the video lessons today but I am sorry I didn't do so sooner. I noticed that the songs are played with explanation of technique as well as fretboard diagrams appearing in the side margin at times. This is a very valuable resource and an incredible bonus value as this type of instruction is usually not included at this price. You pay for the book, but get so much more!