Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 20, 2011
I read the short story from Kristen James called The Fairy and her Giant: A Fantasy Romance and enjoyed James' style of writing. More Than Memories was a sweet romance between two people who had grown up together, but had been separated by mysterious circumstances over four years ago. Molly could not remember her past and Trent had never given up hope of finding his soulmate again.

This was a very enjoyable book. I loved Molly's sweet personality and desire to find out what happened to her and I loved Trent's patience and love for Molly; it was so enviable. The story was well written with great pacing and interesting secondary characters. I am now a fan of Kristen James and will look for other stories written by her.

Would I/Did I buy it? Free download
Would I read it again? Yes
Would I recommend it to friends? Yes
41 helpful votes
42 helpful votes
on May 12, 2011
I had a hard time putting this book down. Sweet love story without the unrealistic love scenes that I dislike in most romance books. The author took the time for Molly and Trent to get to know each other (again). Trent was in a difficult position and you'll really feel for him. I enjoyed the suspense of the story behind Molly's memory loss. I didn't guess beforehand, which is always a plus.
30 helpful votes
31 helpful votes
on July 25, 2014
Four years ago, Molly Anderson woke up to an unfamiliar world. She didn’t know who she was or where she’d been, and the people who claimed to be her parents were complete strangers to her. Now that they’re gone, she’s on a mission to find out who she was before her memory disappeared.

It’s been four years since Molly and her family disappeared, and Trent’s no closer to finding her — until she walks right in the door. But she’s different now, less carefree and more reserved, and she doesn’t recognize him at all. But he hasn’t been waiting for four years to turn his back on her now, so when she asks for his help figuring out what happened, why her family ran, they both hope something in the small town will spark a memory.

The Verdict: I knew the story would probably be heavy on the mystery — after all, the main character has amnesia. However, it seemed like the romance kind of took a back seat to the mystery for quite a bit longer than I’d have liked. Even when Molly’s past with Trent began to come to light, and even when it was clear there was a strong attraction between them, there was holding back. In a way, I understand it, since it can’t be easy to move forward when the past is a black hole, but I really wanted them to to rekindle something a bit more quickly than they did.

What I really liked, though, was the way the big mystery played out. The disappearance of Molly and her parents could have been anything — maybe they were put in the witness protection program, maybe they were eco-terrorists from the 60s on the run, maybe they were running from the law or the mob or aliens… It was impossible to guess, and there were plenty of places in the story where things could easily have taken a really crazy turn. Instead, clues I just knew were key turned out to be nothing, things I thought didn’t matter were important, and not everything was wrapped up in a pretty little bow. It was the sort of thing that made sense and didn’t, just like so many that play out in real life, and it just made me sad for Molly and Trent, what they’d lost for a while.
on December 19, 2011
I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. Memory loss as a storyline can be done so predictably (or just poorly).

There were many aspects to this book that I liked, but here's my favorite: although this was Molly's story, Trent really stole the show by being a steady and faithful constant in her life, helping her to unravel the mystery of her forgotten years while not pushing for his own gain. His love for her was believable and sweet.

I found plenty of surprises along the way as the plot unfolded, and was left with a good feeling when the final pages were turned.
11 helpful votes
12 helpful votes
on March 14, 2012
From the first page to the last, this book kept me wanting to read on and on. I thought it was beautifully written, at least for my taste. There was no childish conversation and not filthy pervert descriptive sex anywhere. Just enjoyable reading material! I want more! There are a few things that were left to the imagination but, I want to read about it. This author threw in twist that I never saw coming! As things were revealed I would shake my head and say, "no way", and had to read more. I did guess the reason for the families disappearance because my situation was very similar. Without the murder part! Give me more Kristen James!!
on April 14, 2014
I really enjoyed this book - there was plenty of mystery, great chemistry between all the characters, and enough plot twists to keep me hooked. The ending was a bit abrupt, but acceptable. I would have rated it even higher except that it needed just a bit more polish, and an editor who knew the difference between "mettle" and "meddle" and between "hay day" and "heyday." Things like that - and a few grammar issues - were jarring. Nevertheless, it was a good read. (By the way, I don't think that cover does the book justice!)
on March 20, 2013
This was a very poor read, unfortunately. I bought this book based on the many good reviews, expecting a decently good romance at least. Sadly, I felt that wasn't the case. The writing seemed very bland and unemotional. I kept trying to get into the characters heads, but there wasn't enough description or feeling in the dialogue for me to connect with them at all. This surprised me as this author has apparently written many other books. The culmination of the two characters getting together and making love was completely disappointing; the few skimpy sentences alloted to this described very little. I didn't feel satisfied or happy for the characters and it was frustrating to read too. I have to say, I doubt I'd buy another of her books based on what I read here. I only finished it to find out how it ended...I'm a stubborn reader that way. In fact, this is about the only time I've ever felt strongly enough about a poorly written book that I decided to write a review. I feel badly, because I know how much work goes into writing something, but this seemed like a really poor result for a well-published author.
on November 7, 2013
Although amnesia stories are popular in the romance genre, this one was a little different because there is a mystery surrounding the cause of the amnesia. I liked both of the characters very much—Trent was wonderful in helping Molly regain her memories without pressing her. There were some errors and repetition, and I found it implausible that the police were at the house within hours of the disappearance of Molly and her family when there didn't seem to be anything to alert them they were missing. However, in spite of those issues, I enjoyed the story very much.
on December 16, 2012
What would you do if the love of your life whom you thought was gone forever walks into a room and she does not recognize you nor remember you at all?

Molly Anderson did that to Trent Williams who had loved her since second grade but she left him without a word four years ago. The only problem is that Molly did not even know she left him because for all intent and purposes, 23-year old Molly was four years old because that was the only part of her life she can remember.

A romantic suspense that will keep you guessing until the end, More Than Memories, the hero and heroine start tugging at your heartstrings on the first three pages of the book and they continue to until the final chapter.

You want so much for Molly to remember, not just for herself but also for Trent who was still very much in love with her although it was obvious that she did not recognize him at all. And then of course, he tries to win her over again.

A great read, a great story. Rated PG 13 for sex and violence.
0Comment|Report abuse
Molly Anderson stopped in Ridge City, like she did in many towns, hunting for years of her memories. She had a bad concussion and lost her memories but she knew she had a connection to this small town. She stopped at the police station and told them what she was looking for, someone who might recognize her. The receptionist called the sheriff out and he came around the corner and said Molly? His name was Trent Williams and he knew her but she didn't know him. She was so excited she thought she might be able to find out what had happened to her. What starts out as a short story turns into a complicated one as people and things start to click in her memory. With Trent by her side she knows she will get her memories back. A very good story