More Than Music, Vol. 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
2.Dipset Syphony - 2:43 5/5 im liking this beat too
3.Back in the Building - 4:15 3/5 not that good
4.Santana's Town Part II - 3:38 5/5 love the part 2
5.What Is This - 3:53 5/5 it is also off of jims new album diary of a summer
6.Open Your Eyez - 3:25 5/5 one of my favs
7.Somebody Gotta Die Tonight - 5:01 5/5 love it
8.You Make Me Say - 2:34 5/5
9.Sucker for Love Radio Interlude - 2:23 n/n
10.So Whats It Gonna Be? - 4:22
11.The Best Out - 4:24
12.Bloodshed R.I.P. Freestyle - 1:04 5/5 good freestyle
13.No Days Off - 3:59 5/5
14.40th Boys - 3:44 5/5 this beat is crazy
15.The Pit - 3:53 5/5 love the beat
16.Get Down - 4:31 5/5 good first single
17.So Gangsta - 4:03 5/5 funny kind of
18.What Kind of Life Is This - 3:06 5/5 good song
19.If Only You Believe - 2:56 5/5 good finisher
Many go so far as to impress, although a few songs were very disappointing. 40 Cal absolutely shines on this tape; his outings on Best Out, 40th Boys, and The Pit solidifying him as a force to be reckoned with. His solo, Open Your Eyez, is also one of the highlights of the compilation. JR Writer brings his typical style to the record, hitting listeners with intricate punchlines and rhyme scheme. Hell Rell
The low points of the album, in my opinion, are the Jha Jha/Un Kasa collaboration and the Juelz/Razah track. Jha Jha and Un Kasa are arguably the worst members, and to give them their own song was a deplorable idea.
The rest of the album is a very good effort, and a great chance to listen to what ALL of Dipest has to offer, not just a few select artists. More Than Music Vol. 1 offers listeners a chance to explore evert aspect of Dipset, and many of the songs do not disappoint.
1. More than Music - Ok rhymes by rell and writer...ok beat...ok rating 3/5
2. Dipset Symphony - I like this one....it has that old school sample on the beat that makes you wanna nod your head...the rhymes are sufficient....4/5
3. Back in The Building - The beat is ok on this one...but Rell....wow..pretty good punchlines or at least this one....."my dope from Africa, straight from the motherland, you're gf can't suck a good d**k but your mother can" Me and all my homeboys were like damn....when we heard that....4/5
4. Santana's Town Part 2 - Has that nice bounce to it, with the guitar in the backrouond....Santana's on point...The first was too cold but the second one's nice too....4.5/5
5. What is this - jim jones coulda came harder...ok though....3/5
6. Open Your eyez - An interesting joint by 40 cal...i like it pretty good 4/5
7. Somebody gotta die Tonight - One of the dramatic joints i mentioned ealier...this one grew on me...cam was tight on here and freekey zeek is funny at the end of the track 4/5
8. U Make me Say - I knew this was Heatmakerz b4 i even checked...this is how ALL their beats sound...haha...but this one IS tight though...i really like it...JR Writer is defintely one of the tighter people on Dipset....4.5/5
9. Sucker For Love interlude - Actually pretty funny...
10.So What's it Gonna Be? - I actually downloaded this b4 i saw the cd, cuz i saw it was juelz and fab...and first i hated it...but its hella catchy...i liked fabs verse too....3.Read more ›
1- More Than Music ft. Hell Rell and JR Writer
This track comes out hard for the beginning of the CD. Hell Rell dropped a nice verse, JR just rips it.
2- Dipset Symphony ft. Juelz Santana, Jim Jones, 40 Cal, and Un Kasa
It was ok, but a little too short for me.
3-Back in the Buliding ft. Hell Rell
Hell Rell dropped good verses, with a catchy hook.
4-Santana's Town pt.II ft. Juelz Santana
This one is way better than the previous Santana's Town. Nice beat and decent lyrics.
5-What Is This ft. Jim Jones
Eh, I didn't like it. The beat is OK, but the hook and verses aren't that good. I'll pass this one and wait for his new CD. =P
6-Open Your Eyes ft. .40 Cal
I liked this solo by .40. A lot of detail in this song.
7- Somebody Gotta Die Tonight ft. Cam'Ron and Freeky Zeeky
Cam'Ron comes hard on this track, and the outro at the end by Freeky is very hard. Some choice phrases:
in they face/"
in the ribs"
In they EYE!/"
8-You Make Me Say ft. JR Writer
It was cool. Nothing special, though.
9- Sucker For Lover Interlude ft. DukeDaGod and Ash
10- So What's It Gonna Be ft. Juelz Santana and Faboulous
OK, I didn't like it a lot though. The beat is ok.
11-The Best Out ft.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent album dips 4 life jim jones a-maf and cam the best. But the new cam has dulled bis blade jim has gotten betta neva got into santana jr or zeek cant feel 40. Read morePublished on June 6, 2014 by jason
I'm an advid Underground Hip Hop fan, but Hell Rell opened my ears to explore more into the Diplomats. Good stuff..Published on April 14, 2011 by Klassic Lou
Diplomat's leader, Cam'ron, took the backseat to this release as he only appears on two songs. More Than Music, Vol. 1 is exploiting the other members of the crew. Read morePublished on February 25, 2006 by Carltouis Stevenson
The Diplomats dropped their new mixtape following the same formula of Diplomatic Immunity II in letting the unknowns get their shine on. Read morePublished on December 21, 2005 by Danno Omen
This iz a nice Dipset album right here. It's actually a mixtape just like Diplomatic Immunity 2. But that another topic. It's a good look for everybody affiliated 4 Dipset. Read morePublished on November 7, 2005 by Lamar Charles
got exactly what I ordered. Mint condition its all blessPublished on September 26, 2005 by Dwayne Davis
I've been a dipset fan since day 1, and this is the best album The Diplomats have ever made. Every time they make an album, it gets better and better every time!!! Read morePublished on September 18, 2005 by Chris Joiner
First of all, I want to say that it's great to see so many Dipset fans. They really are the best out. Read morePublished on September 1, 2005 by Larwin Rowe