- File Size: 1628 KB
- Print Length: 391 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Spirit Light Publishing (January 19, 2015)
- Publication Date: January 19, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00SHZK2YY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#25,678 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #224 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Contemporary
- #232 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- #526 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
More Than This: Contemporary Christian Romance Novel Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
This book is not one of those formula romance books where they meet, they kiss, they fall in love and then “the end.” Staci Stallings captures how life is much “More Than This!!”
The faith elements were beautifully handled. This was a clean romance, with no bad language or sexual situations.
There were more than a few typos in the Kindle edition, and I was quite surprised by this. Some examples :Liz couldn't catch a 'descent' breath, and more glaringly, the characters went aboard the 'Stanton' Island ferry to see the Statue of Liberty.
I was left wondering if this was perhaps an early work of Ms. Stallings, as the quality differed so much from her other novels. Although I would recommend several of her other works, I'd advise people to pass on this one until it gets a tune up. There is a quality story here, but it needs additional editing.
I found the main characters' struggles to be realistic and relatable. Not only was I drawn into their stories, but I learned things too that I never knew before. And their growth throughout the story was admirable, without feeling contrived to make a point.
This book was a hard one for me to put down. I wanted to consume it all in one sitting, at the same time as savor it to make it last as long as possible.
I highly recommend
The storyline has so many valuable lessons, trust, acceptance, forgiveness, redemption and being open-minded. With God there are no accidents. Jake going into The Grind for coffee and to work on his book and Liz working there and serving him coffee and friendship. I will admit that the dialogue in the first fourth of the book was vague, more thoughts than actual dialogue, but once Jake and Liz started actually talking to each other and became friends, the dialogue was heartwarming. This is not just a warm fuzzy romance book, it is so much deeper than that. Dealing with real issues of learning disabilities and how over time they limit a person in life, of how making unwise decisions lead to consequences and heartache. This is a book that also shares God's love, his forgiveness and the messages at church from the minister are enlightening without feeling preachy. Great lessons that we are all children of God but we are each individuals with different issues, problems and circumstances. This story does have an HEA ending.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational