More than Night: Film Noir in Its Contexts Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Chapter 1 gives us an account of "The History of an Idea", starting with a history of the intellectual and cinematic climate in France from which the idea of film noir emerged in the mid-1940s. How the new crop of American crime films were interpreted by surrealist and existentialist schools of thought. This chapter continues through Paul Schrader's 1972 essay, "Notes on Film Noir". Notice that Naremore considers the "First Age of Film Noir" to be 1946-1959, as the idea was born in 1946, although many noir films were made before then.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The book offers a comprehensive survey of Noir fiction and film.
It's been an excellent tool for research into the Noir genre.
I love Film Noir and this book helps me understand why, provides a good background on the genre, and provides a whole new list of wonderful movies to hunt down.Published on April 15, 2014 by P. Mulloy
It was a book required for my Film Noir class. It has a lot of good information in it, not something I'd read on my own time though.Published on January 15, 2013 by Das Schisse
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts
- Books > Humor & Entertainment > Movies > Genre Films
- Books > Humor & Entertainment > Movies > History & Criticism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Movements & Periods
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Movies & Video > History & Criticism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Movies & Video > Video
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory