- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Alfred Music (November 1, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0739081357
- ISBN-13: 978-0739081358
- Product Dimensions: 0.8 x 8.5 x 11.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (27 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #236,415 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Book of Mormon -- Sheet Music from the Broadway Musical: Piano/Vocal Paperback – November 1, 2011
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The first 8 pages are beautiful colored photos from each of the songs in the show.
"Hello" - great arrangement for piano and quite simple to play, at the beginning of the song where there isn't an accompaniment, they have the melody in the piano (all the door bells sound are included). There are also the names of every Elder that sing this song, telling us who sing each part/line, very awesome. Starting in the key of C and modulate to Db key half way to the end.
"Two by Two" - a fun song to play, all the Elder's names, spoken lines, and 'clap' signs are included. The song is in the key of Bb, Eb, Db, Eb again, Ab and ends on E.
"You and Me (But Mostly Me)" - powerful ballad/bright rock, the piano accompaniment is amazing! The song is in the key of C,E and Db (very 'Wicked' like accompaniment.)
"Hasa Diga Eebowai" - all the chorus voice-parts are included in details (men and woman chorus part is separated). The song is in the key of F# (don't be discouraged by many sharps, the accompaniment part is quite simple) and ends in G.
"Turn It Off" - quite challenging to play during the tap dance part of the song. All the Elder's names are included. There is also a notation for the woodblock. The song switched around between F and Gb keys.
"I am Here For You" - Very easy lullaby type song in the key of A.Read more ›
1) It includes ALL the songs found on the cast album. Yes it makes for a larger, more expensive book, but I'd much rather pay extra for a more complete book than have someone else decide what the most popular songs are.
2) The piano part is a real accompaniment, so you have the choice of accompanying a singer or adding a piano melody on your own for a solo performance.
3) The arrangements are exactly the same as what's on the cast album. I haven't seen the show so I don't know if any cuts were made from the full score to create the cast recording, but usually that's inevitable unless it's a multi-CD set. Since this book matches the recording, it makes it easier to prepare a song for an audition or cabaret performance. I didn't check every song, but for the most part I believe they're also in the same keys. (As someone who has played numerous auditions, I've seen my share of singers who have only sung with a CD and never a live piano, and are surprised that the sheet music is 2 steps higher or lower than what they're familiar with.)
3a) And yes, we really do want all those dance breaks and interludes from the cast recording in there, Mr. or Ms. Editor Person, so thank you. We can always make cuts on our own if necessary.
All of these things, by the way, vastly reduce the incentive and desire to seek out bootleg photocopies and poorly-scanned PDFs of Broadway scores. Often it's not people wanting to put on unauthorized productions of shows, but simply wanting a copy of the sheet music that matches what they're used to hearing on the cast album. Good on Alfred Publishing for making this editorial decision -- other publishers should do the same!Read more ›
Now the bad, it's a paper book with a glued spine. I really hate when they do this. Spiral bound these please! Unless you photocopy the pages it's pretty much worthless as you have to hold the book open with a chip clip and with three staves a page, you'll never be able to flip through them easily and you'll ruin the book trying.
I'd like to give it a higher rating for the music, but not being able to use the book without copying and printing is pretty frustrating. So, I'll only give it three stars. That said, I belieeeeeeve that one day manufactures will make their piano books that are spiral bound!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great stuff. Wonderfully clever lyrics. The arrangements are pretty easy for an intermediate pianist to play yet sound good.Published 9 months ago by Marty Nemko
It was a birthday present. He loves it. I wish it had a spiral binding.Published 11 months ago by Susan J. Taylor
Thanks - piano music plus vocal music. Very nice book. Quick delivery!Published 14 months ago by S.R.
I loved the book and it's got to my house very fastPublished 21 months ago by Emilia Santana Ferreira
This is a great music book for those who want to learn how to play songs from the hit musical the Book Of Mormon! Please note - the lyrics are VERY offensive! Read morePublished on April 12, 2014 by Rachael