Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 203 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 246 reviews
on August 15, 2016
Mary was lonely. She was the town librarian, her family was dead, she had no marriage prospects. The young library helpers were discussing a add for a bride in a newspaper. Mary took the paper home she decided to apply. Little did she think she would get an answer.
Travis needed a wife to help him raise his brother's three children. Out of desperation he put an ad in the paper.
This is a very good story. The bumps and twists along the way made the journey very enjoyable.
on February 26, 2015
For awhile I was afraid I wouldn't get my happy ending, but Debbie Macomber has never let me down. After Travis advertised for a wife in the local paper, he got little meek, mousy Mary. She had no idea what she signed up for but her journey is the most heartwarming part of the story.After they tied the knot, Mary went on to prove herself in many ways. It took time for Travis and Mary to finally see eye-to-eye on family matters. As they nutured the three children that Travis had been chosen to raise, it seemed at times this would end badly But the two strong-willed adults had to work together, which they eventually did. Travis' obsession with finding the person responsible for his brother's and sister-in-law's death took precedence over everything else. The person who was responsible for the hit and run turned out to be quite a surprise. You'll have to read this moving story yourself to find out more and see how Travis and Mary and the three children evolved jnto a besutiful family. A good read...
on October 24, 2012
I don't want to compare this book to one of my favorite movies but, page after page I was smiling. This book was soooo sweet. I loved every character in it. Ruff, tough and handsome Travis, Mary aka "Minny Mouse", Jim holding it all in, Scotty the marriage counselor, and Beth Ann, the care taker. They needed each other in every way and watching them slowly heal was at times sad, fun, romantic and extremely enjoyable. I loved every fight, the making up, the getting to know each other with the testing of wills, it was all wonderful. Tillie and Logan's story was hot and exciting too. I loved it almost as much as I did Travis and Mary. This book had some spice to it and a little mystery thrown in. I loved it! As I said, it was almost a steamier,sadder rendition of an old movie I know almost by heart. Read and enjoy.
on November 6, 2016
This is easily one of my favorite books by Debbie Macomber. Truthfully, I cannot say why other than its leaves me with that warm, fuzzy feeling you get after you watch your favorite Christmas movie. I've reread this book probably 10-15 times and enjoy it each time. I enjoy the nature of the characters and how the blend into a family. I've always been disappointed they have not made an appearance in another book.
on March 17, 2017
I this will appeal to every reader who likes romance but also those who like mysteries too. I only give 5 stars to books I am going read again. This one is definitely worth reading once. Granny Coy
on April 5, 2013
I enjoyed this book so much. In a way, it reminded me of MacKenzie's Mountain by Linda Howard, one of my favorites, which I consider high praise. Western man, a rancher, a little rough around the ages, and a bit of an outsider, marries a plain, bookish woman from the South.

Mary is a librarian who was considered too brainy and too plain to ever receive much attention from young men. She also dressed like an older woman, extremely conservatively. Travis is a little on the rough side, a cattle rancher who has been left to raise two nephews and a very young niece after the death of his brother and sister-in-law in an car accident. He advertises for a wife in desperation. He is afraid he is about to lose custody of his niece and nephews.

Mary wants a life and answers the ad, sucked in by the prospect of being a wife and particularly a mother to the three children. Her marriage prospects are nil in her home town. She marries Travis and then the two begin to get to know each other. The road is a little rough, to say the least. I love that Mary was a strong character - at one point, Travis said that he was drawing a line that she could not cross, and Mary said that she was too - right down the middle of the bed. Heh. Travis fell in love with his Mary and she became beautiful to him. I loved how he would listen - after a bit of ranting and raving - and become a reasonable human being. Travis had his priorities right - he put his wife and the children first. This is a beautiful love story.

I enjoyed the children. The author got them just right.
on May 20, 2017
This book does a wonderful job of putting into words the longing a woman feels for a husband, children and to be truly loved physically.
on August 30, 2013
I am not a frequent reader of Debbie's work, but they are good books when one needs a break from heavy and poignant reads which take alot out of you. I try to add in some lighter fiction with happy endings during my month of more serious reads and this selection fit the bill.

Although the theme of the read has been done hundreds of times before; i.e., Mail order bride meets country boy who has suffered some form of trauma, this story did have some different nuances which made it seem like I hadn't read this them before. The characters were likeable and made me crave the beauty of Montana for sure.

Give it a try as your once in awhile type of read and it will do the trick to take you away from your everyday life.
on January 13, 2015
Another really good story about interesting characters involved in situations I have never thought of. Great development of a family coming together in unusual circumstances and ends brilliantly and a couple coming together with a happy outcome. It will warm your heart.
on July 23, 2017
One of my favorite authors! Never Disappoints!