Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 104 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 144 reviews
on December 6, 2015
We don't want to mention death. It may be because we are scared or realize we haven't lived. Death is part of our story the Lord has written for us. We must live as there is no tomorrow. Enjoy ourselves, our family, and not dwell on what has hurt us or who has hurt us but learn to forgive. We must forgive and make wrong right while we are blessed to have another day.
Morrie writing about his journey and experience with ALS, showed he came to terms with his destiny and allowed the world to know his thoughts. He gave us insight of what is important. To look within oneself and look at our trials and tribulations in a different perspective, to know we will die at some point, but that doesn't mean we should wait to make wrongs right with those we care and ourselves because we are now on our deathbeds but to start now. Morrie also gave insight on how we can help our love one s be more comfortable and better understand as a long-term illness plays it role.
on April 11, 2017
I got this because I was playing Morrie on the stage so I wanted to get to know him better. He was a sweet old guy who was rather likable. True story, nice man, see the play if you get the chance. Tuesdays With Morrie
on May 22, 2014
In everybody's life time, one never knows when sickness will strike; yet, one can with Morrie learn to take a glimpse of how to deal with it!.
Morrie, has made sorrow and pain his personal acquaintances.
From detaching and looking at it, He has taking his sickness into a perspective out of the ordinary.
This perspective, in an introspection of one self, where one watches with detachment the body's decadence.
On the account of the world's suffering, may look short lived, yet, can be long and terrible when taken day by day how devastating this decease is, to see his body shut up on yourself, yet, he manages to teach a profound lesson, almost to the end.
He was very lucky, he had many friends, who walked this road of sickness with him, out of those people where personalities, writers, and who knows....somebody just like me!
on October 26, 2014
As a person who has originally diagnosed with ALS in 1995, this book begins like I have heard many times by people that claim they were taught by social psychological “experts” that teach that we should just except help, let ourselves go (and die?). I, for one, do not wish to have my mind and/or except control by anyone on this earth. I think thoughts and actions (and/or the lack of it) should be between myself, God and nobody else. But there are some things that I agree with, too, like being diagnosed gives us another chance to make ourselves ready for death.
on May 9, 2017
A great accompaniment to "Tuesdays With Morrie." Expands on Morrie's wisdom that was first introduced and shared through the Mitch Albom best seller.
on January 18, 2017
I loved Mitch Albom's Tuesdays with Morrie, which was my motivation for reading this book. My only complaint is that on the kindle version, the formatting was off so there were symbols interjected within the text. The book forever, struck a chord that it okay to be angry or scared when faced with illness, but you have the power to still live until your last breath.
on October 11, 2006
Reading Tuesday's With Morrie touched me deeply, since I struggle everyday with a congenital heart problem--and I never know when the next day may be my last. Morrie's wisdom, humor and expriences is brought through from Mitch Albom's terrific writing. Morrie's words cannot be more insightful and wise as my body is beginning to break down....I re-read his book quite often, so I can feel uplifted.

This is truly a powerful learning tool for those who know people who are suffering, or are dying, or who just wish to know more about "why we're here".

There is one thing they didn't mention, perhaps was edited out-- We live on in immortality through the memories, experiences and love of the ones we leave behind. [and in some cases, in books, essays, quotes, music etc. that are produced by us]

One will underand from reading Tuesdays With Morrie is that Death and Life are intertwined, and that Death is nothing to be afraid of. Not even the pain of death is something to fear, as long as you are ready to face it.
on July 13, 2014
I would love to give the Kindle version a higher rating, but it's been lazily done, obviously scanned and then not proofread. There are simply too many obvious typos ("pam" instead of "pain," for example) that are the result of the scanning, and they're very distracting and disappointing. I like the content a lot, and I have this work in book form, but I wanted the Kindle version to have with me more often. It's a shame that so little care was taken in publishing this version.
on June 18, 2015
Years ago I read Tuesdays with Morrie a very interesting book. So this is a great follow up read to know the experience from Morrie's point of view. Also, helps with dealing with persons we know that are facing their end of life. Helps teach us how to listen and act when we are with these love ones. Also, helps understand more the care takers situation in the whole end of life experience. J.
on May 14, 2014
I read Tuesdays with Morrie in a weekend (in between doing other things) I fell in LOVE w/him then. I wish these books would be a requirement for all students to read! You feel like you know Morrie after reading these books.