Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

• Customer Reviews

Showing 1-10 of 117 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 144 reviews
on January 9, 2015
 Easy to put together and so much fun. Made our tree unique. I was showing our video of it to everyone and they all loved it. Sounds it makes is loud but I didn't mind it. At first I thought the tracks were too unsteady and flimsy for all three cars of the train so I only used two and it ran without any problems. I never added the third car since having two worked well enough. I did have to re-install to put the support beams where the tracks came together and that steadied it a bit. Since my tracks weren't the most level, I also had to hang a counterbalance on one of the support beams even though watching the train run on tracks that went up and down was fun! The balance problem may have been caused because our tree revolves at the same time the train was running. I may get another one next year to have two trains around the tree. Oh, if your tree top angel falls on the train and they both crash to the floor and the latch between the cars breaks, a twist tie really does work as a replacement lol (thank you to the reviewer who gave that tip). Train is surprisingly durable for the number of times it crashed to the floor.
on June 6, 2015
I have been shopping around for a simple train to go around the bottom of the Christmas tree this year to delight my kids. I have purchased two other trains that were in the $75-$100 range and neither of them would make it around the tracks on the carpet. It wasn't flat enough or something. This much cheaper train has much thicker, sturdier tracks, and is better built that even the Dickensville Village train I purchased. I can't say how it is mounted up in the tree, because I was going for something underneath.

It is definitely big enough to fit around a tree stand for a fresh 6-7 foot tree. The train is lightweight and plastic, which is good because it pulls really nicely around the tracks. It has two settings- short run (once around the track) and long run, where it goes on repeat for 4 hours. It is kind of loud, but the kids love it and it won't be on all the time. The headlight is a nice touch.

There is nothing fancy about this train. It's CHEAP but it WORKS. If you have a 3 and 5 year old like me, and you don't want to be stressed about them breaking a $250 train (which is what all the good ones cost) this one is for you. It should hold up nicely, and my kids were enchanted by it.
on December 19, 2014
I see in some reviews that people were having trouble getting the track to stay level on the tree. I had to do the last few turns on all six bolts with pliers, but we did succeed in getting it tight enough to let the train run with no problems at all (except overly curious cats). As you can see in the pic, we ordered this after we had already decorated the main tree, so instead we put it on his friend the palm tree. My son the train fanatic was over the moon with this new addition to our holiday traditions.
review image
on November 23, 2015
The tree clamp was not difficult to level, but the track would not stay level because the "stems" (arms) extending from the tree clamp to the train tracks were so flimsy that the track would bow under the weight of the three train cars and never stay level. I see other reviewers somehow "propped" up the track, but I finally gave up and just set the track up around the base of the tree on the floor (defeats the whole purpose of this train).
I also have a sneaky feeling that this was a returned product foisted on me as a new product. The little plastic hook that connects the 2nd car to the engine was snapped off and a small pink wire was hanging on the side of the car to use to connect the two cars. The plastic bag containing the tree clamp and screws was ripped open and taped back shut. The box was taped shut with clear packing tape.
Changing the 4 AA batteries is a royal pain--the lower batteries are nearly impossible to remove and replace and you need to hunt up a Phillips head screwdriver every time you change the batteries (needed to remove the cap to the battery compartment). I am keeping the product, but I would NOT recommend it.
on April 17, 2015
Kinda cheap, plastic broke that ties them together, but rigged it. It's cool

Just an update. I've had this train for a couple years now, maybe 3 christmas's.. Had it setup in the tree a couple times, and then this past year had it on the ground around the tree.. The thing still works great! My daughter, nephews, nieices all play with it right away. All the attach hooks broke, cause they are rough with it, but you can easily use twisty ties, or anything to rig it back together. It's been a very nice, cheap little train set. I would reccommend this to friends or family. It was a good purchase. Thank you!
on December 28, 2014
We have had this tree train for about 20 years until last year when I forgot to remove the piece that attaches to the tree before I threw away our old tree to make way for a new one. Even after 20 years we still got steam from the engine every once in a while. When I saw it being offered less than I paid for it 20 years ago I had to buy the replacement.

It is fairly easy to put together, but the most important thing to take into consideration is where to put the sleeve you attach to the tree. It has to be in a spot where the tree branch lengths are not so long that the track is lost in the branches or so short the track sticks way out past the tree. Finding the sweet spot is the trick. Putting the posts that hold the track can also be a bit tricky. They take a fair amount of pressure to put them into the sleeve and then to attach the track. I was always afraid I was going to break the plastic putting it together, but with some care never did. Also, make sure the track is level as the little train really can't go up hill.

You can set the train to continuously circle the tree until you stop it (and it whistles as it goes), or you can set it to make about 2 1/2 trips around and stop until you press the button again.

Overall, good value for the money.
on November 20, 2015
This train is great for our purposes - It stays steady propped up in the middle of our tree, and it runs smoothly! However, we plan to paint it and snip the sound cords, a DIY project to turn it into the Hogwarts Express.
The train has three parts- the head, caboose, and middle car. It's got great detail on the coal car, and the head train - it looks like a real train!
I would not purchase this train as it is, because it makes a horrible prerecorded sound that is very loud and screechy.
on January 30, 2014
My husband has had this little train for several years and he loves it at Christmas time. For a couple of years he tried to put it in the tree, and I must say, that was less than successful. That was probably due to our using Cedar trees from our property, rather than pine trees with nice center trunks. Still not convinced that the "Train in the Tree" will actually work.

This year, when unpacked, several pieces of track were broken. He patched them up and ran his train anyway, but I thought he deserved an new one. Not expensive and pretty cute for running around the tree. Our granddaughters even pile up presents to make tunnels for the train to run through. A nice addition to their (and our) Christmas traditions!
on December 30, 2015
Insanely easy to setup and works really really well. My two year old daughter love this thing it has dropped it 100 times its still chugging along
on February 3, 2017
I had this exact train for years. This year it finally died. I was so happy to find it again on line. I used the track as directed in my the past but the tree trunk was very small (6' fake fir). The track "waved" up and down as the train rolled over it. This year I glued the track to a piece of plywood. I really like this train!