BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on December 28, 2014
We have had this tree train for about 20 years until last year when I forgot to remove the piece that attaches to the tree before I threw away our old tree to make way for a new one. Even after 20 years we still got steam from the engine every once in a while. When I saw it being offered less than I paid for it 20 years ago I had to buy the replacement.

It is fairly easy to put together, but the most important thing to take into consideration is where to put the sleeve you attach to the tree. It has to be in a spot where the tree branch lengths are not so long that the track is lost in the branches or so short the track sticks way out past the tree. Finding the sweet spot is the trick. Putting the posts that hold the track can also be a bit tricky. They take a fair amount of pressure to put them into the sleeve and then to attach the track. I was always afraid I was going to break the plastic putting it together, but with some care never did. Also, make sure the track is level as the little train really can't go up hill.

You can set the train to continuously circle the tree until you stop it (and it whistles as it goes), or you can set it to make about 2 1/2 trips around and stop until you press the button again.

Overall, good value for the money.
on January 9, 2015
 Easy to put together and so much fun. Made our tree unique. I was showing our video of it to everyone and they all loved it. Sounds it makes is loud but I didn't mind it. At first I thought the tracks were too unsteady and flimsy for all three cars of the train so I only used two and it ran without any problems. I never added the third car since having two worked well enough. I did have to re-install to put the support beams where the tracks came together and that steadied it a bit. Since my tracks weren't the most level, I also had to hang a counterbalance on one of the support beams even though watching the train run on tracks that went up and down was fun! The balance problem may have been caused because our tree revolves at the same time the train was running. I may get another one next year to have two trains around the tree. Oh, if your tree top angel falls on the train and they both crash to the floor and the latch between the cars breaks, a twist tie really does work as a replacement lol (thank you to the reviewer who gave that tip). Train is surprisingly durable for the number of times it crashed to the floor.
on January 2, 2015
I bought this train last year and it has held up pretty good now going on two years. It is all pretty thin plastic for the most part but hard to find solid anymore that doesn't cost as much as a used Honda nowadays. The tracks are a little thicker plastic and they DO NOT give you any extra pieces so if you break one you better pull out some super glue! The train is super cute and we get compliments all the time about where did we get it. The train is pretty loud for those sensitive to sound. You get a loud (almost obnoxious) "all aboard" and then it runs around the track. The running around the track is pretty loud but doesn't bother us and the kids LOVE it. I will say it might be quieter running the track if you use it as a floor train. Our only main complaint it that we wish it had a remote or something because it always stops at the back of the tree (of course.. lol) and there is not way to stop it once started unless you stop it by hand while chugging along and turn the switch to another mode. Another reason to warrant the remote is the only way to start it is by pushing the stack to start it, no big deal except when on floating tracks because you have to press a bit hard and it pushes the tracks down in the tree branches. We have started holding the track when starting to avoid a snapping of plastic supports.

We use it attached to the tree and to give you an idea of the track length, see my pictures. In the photos provided we are using ALL of the tracks. We have a 7'5 tree with a 59in diameter which is pretty wide from what others have said. There is not enough track provided that I would consider using on the floor around our tree because our tree would swallow it with it's depth.

All in all though... we love the train.
review image review image review image
on January 30, 2014
My husband has had this little train for several years and he loves it at Christmas time. For a couple of years he tried to put it in the tree, and I must say, that was less than successful. That was probably due to our using Cedar trees from our property, rather than pine trees with nice center trunks. Still not convinced that the "Train in the Tree" will actually work.

This year, when unpacked, several pieces of track were broken. He patched them up and ran his train anyway, but I thought he deserved an new one. Not expensive and pretty cute for running around the tree. Our granddaughters even pile up presents to make tunnels for the train to run through. A nice addition to their (and our) Christmas traditions!
on February 3, 2017
I had this exact train for years. This year it finally died. I was so happy to find it again on line. I used the track as directed in my the past but the tree trunk was very small (6' fake fir). The track "waved" up and down as the train rolled over it. This year I glued the track to a piece of plywood. I really like this train!
on December 8, 2015
The train itself is great. The track and supports are cheap and flimsy. The supports do not simply "snap" together easily (plastic), and there is concern that something will break in the process. Before we put it up next year we will see if we make everything more stable. Once we got it all rigged up and running in the (real) tree, it looked amazing. Grandbaby is going to love it.
on December 14, 2015
Great little piece of decor for the holidays, all the kids think it's great. However the weight of the train causes the track to sag as it goes around and the couplers are cheap plastic, all of which have already snapped after a month or so of installation. Low quality construction but I suppose that's what you get with the price tag.
on December 25, 2016
Train will not stay on track! Made sure track was secure and level, and the engine would still derail. Was really disappointed in this product!
on December 31, 2015
I bought it last year and this year when I took it out of the box, a very essential but cheaply made peace had already broken off. The first year, my kids were very happy with it.
review image
on January 1, 2014
This train around the tree is amazing. The whole family loves it. People that come over go crazy over it. Such a hit. Here is a tip. The bolts that help clamp the base around the tree was giving me a headache. SO I simply replaced them with 2 different bolts and nuts and no problem. It leveled itself right out. It was very simple to do. I bought it to surprise my boys, and put it together by myself. It was simple, elegant, and fun! Thank You for getting this to me quickly!